Unlike your everyday use camera bag, when going outdoor or for hiking you need a good bag for that. If you’re a nature & wildlife photographer, chances are that you need the best camera bag for your hiking trip. Finding the best camera backpacks for hiking can be hard. You’ll be carrying a lot of stuff and out in an extreme weather condition.
So, the bags you should be looking for have to weather-proof, flexibility of the dividers, among other things are essential. These camera bags are designed to protect your cameras, laptop, lenses and other camera related accessories like batteries. However, there are different varieties which you can choose from, and each type has their own unique features. After spending weeks of research, talking with my circle of hikers, and test a dozen of hiking backpacks, I can come up with this reviews to easily find the right one for yourself.
- A List of Top 10 Best Camera Bags & Backpacks for Hiking in 2018
- 1. G-raphy Camera hiking Backpack
- 2. Lowepro photo sport Backpack
- 3. AmazonBasics Hiker Camera Backpack
- 4. Lowepro photo hatchback
- 5. G4Free Hiking Daypack
- 6. Lowepro Whistler
- 7. Osprey Packs Osprey Stratos 50 Backpack
- 8. Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Backpack
- 9. Mountaintop 70L+10L Internal Frame Backpack
- 10. WASING 65L Internal Frame Backpack
- Good to Know:
A List of Top 10 Best Camera Bags & Backpacks for Hiking in 2018
1. G-raphy Camera hiking Backpack
This is a great camera backpack for hiking with lightweight. It has very many internal sub-dividers which help you easily hide your stuff. Other than the camera it can also accommodate a small laptop and tablets too. The bag is also of quality material and can be used even in bad weather.
- It has an outer cover which is protective during bad weather
- Its quality is good and allows for large storage
- It’s very light and has internal subdivision
- It can also hold a laptop
2. Lowepro photo sport Backpack
It’s one of the most famous camera backpacks for hiking. It’s very attractive, durable and versatile
camera gear. It can absorb shocks during movement meaning your cameras won’t jostle. People have liked its comfort and good capacity.
- It’s very comfortable during movements
- It can also accommodate a MacBook
- It has a waterproof cover
- Fits a lot of stuff
- It’s very durable
3. AmazonBasics Hiker Camera Backpack
Though it may not be as popular as Lowepro, the AmazonBasics is a very good camera backpack for hiking. More to that it’s very durable, versatile and of large size. It’s cheap and can be used in bad weather times.
- It has a side pocket which can be used to hold a tripod or monopod
- Can be used in all weather
- Its large can hold a lot of stuff
- It also hold a laptop
4. Lowepro photo hatchback
This hatchback is smaller than the other one. It’s very good for small and medium-sized people. It boasts of durability, flexibility, good looks and the right size. It’s also waterproof and can be used in any weather.
- Its cover is ideal for all weather and precipitation
- The camera compartments are removable therefore you can also use it’s as a normal backpack
- It’s attractive and of good size
- It’s very comfortable to carry around.
5. G4Free Hiking Daypack
This bag is one of the best for hiking and has a parachute-like material. The bag is light, and it’s water resistant. Its size allows it to carry a lot of stuff. More to that it’s very durable and can be folded into a
- It’s very light and easy to carry around
- It has also been praised for durability
- It’s waterproof and can be used in any weather
- Can be folded into a smaller size
6. Lowepro Whistler
When you need to carry a all of the camera and necessary gear, you need an advanced suspension system camera bag. This Whistler bag is for wilderness photographers and adventurers who carry an equal measure of camera, video and functional outdoor gear. The Lowepro Whistler is made of high-performance materials, offers extreme organization, and the technology to comfortably carry the gear you need into any environment. It fulfills its promise as a versatile backpack for carrying extensive camera gear into areas well away from civilization.
- The camera bag is perfect for winter day hikes.
- Protects my gear and can carry my snowshoes too.
7. Osprey Packs Osprey Stratos 50 Backpack
There are at least two features I like most about this backpack. This Stratos 50 pack has a multitude of pockets to organize and separate your items for easy access and storage. The pockets on the hip pad are handy for items like a cell phone, money, keys, license that are accessible without removing the pack. The fully padded straps, padded hip belt and mesh back support. The frame of the pack is rigid without being heavy or bulky. Shoulder straps can be adjusted up/down because they are attached at the top with some strong velcro material.
- Excellent build quality
- Ready for a weekend Backcountry hike in Rocky Mountain National Park.
8. Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Backpack
This backpack is ideal for travel or a day on the trail. The Redwing 40 women’s pack has the right size for quick getaways, whether on the trail or in the air. The pack is nice but it’s not adjustable. You can use this Kelty Women’s Redwing backpack when you travel with small kids.
- A lot of pockets and easy access.
9. Mountaintop 70L+10L Internal Frame Backpack
For over 3 decade, Mountaintop has continued to satisfy hiker with its well-made backpacks. The Moutaintop backpack is made from YKK zipper and YKK buckle Korea nylon making it one of the best travel mates. The materials are all first quality, zippers are SBS and work flawlessly, buckles all snap together firmly.
- It is fully adjustable to any height.
- It is comfortable and durable.
10. WASING 65L Internal Frame Backpack
The WASING 65L is one of the highest quality professional backpacks for camping, hiking and backpacking, designed to be comfortable and functionally versatile. The fabric used is water-resistant Polyester. If you want to pack for a lengthy trip in Rocky Mountain National Park, this backpack for hiking can load all of your personal items, including lots of warm layers, and gear.
- There are plenty of pockets on the upper compartments and sides
Good to Know:
Before deciding to buy a hiking camera bag, it’s important to look for the following features:
- Accessibility – The best hiking camera bags will let you access your camera with ease. Accessibility will depend on the opening mechanism of the bag, pocket sizes of the bag, and the location of the pockets
- The weight and size of the bag- Being big does not always mean it is better. Choose a bag that can only accommodate what you have to avoid extra burden.
- Comfort – Before buying any hiking camera bag consider its comfort and what you like. That will help you know whether to choose a backpack or a sling bag.
- The appearance of the bag- Appearance communicates a lot about you
- The bag material- In camera bag material plays the biggest role. A good back should be waterproof and should be able to withstand wear and tear.
Whether it’s your clothes, DSLR cameras, and a MacBook laptop to work as a digital nomad or clothes, shoes, and gear to enjoy the day life and nightlife everywhere you go, you can fit it. The best camera bag for hiking helps you a lot to make sure that your camera is in a good shelter and that you can carry all your camera accessories and equipment with you. The above bags are all very good camera bags for hiking. However, my pick is the Lowepro photo sport Backpack. This bag will meet all your hiking needs, more to that it’s very durable and friendly.