To protect your new Nikon 850 camera, you need a good camera bag. Why? You’d feel safer and more secure to have your expensive camera in a high quality camera bag. You need the right camera bag that you can load the Nikon DSLR camera as well as its accessories. A good camera bag is extremely important when you’re out on a shoot or off traveling. In my previous review, I made a list of the best camera bags for Nikon D850 camera for those who are looking for a versatile, stylish, or affordable one. I’ve got them covered in this review.
- A List of Best Nikon D850 Camera Bags in 2018
- 1. Lowepro Flipside 400 AW II
- 2. Porta Brace Large Messenger
- 3. Manfrotto Professional Backpack 50
- 4. Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW
- 5. Think Tank Photo Airport Commuter
- 6. Chrome Unisex Niko Pack
- 7. Case Logic DSB-101 Luminosity Medium DSLR
- 8. Kenora Backpack
A List of Best Nikon D850 Camera Bags in 2018
1. Lowepro Flipside 400 AW II
What if you’ve got a Nikon 850 camera with up to 7 lenses and flash or compact drone, and a MacBook Pro, an iPad and compact tripod? All you need is a high-capacity camera backpack for them while you can still easily go out and shoot. This Flipside 400 AW II gives you increased security, keeping gear safe and easy to reach. Believe it or not, the Flipside 400 AW II is one of the world’s best selling camera bags. With its high-capacity storage in a customizable and protective pack, it has plenty of room and flexibility to fit your devices. This camera bag has the extra protection from rain, snow, dust and sand. The bag is sturdy and comfortable with a heavy load. The Flipside 400 AW II camera bag is ideal for people who would like to change frequently to take different shots.
What the Flipside 400 AW II bag can hold:
- DSLR with up to 300 mounted lens or compact drone
- 4-6 additional lenses
- 15″ laptop
Also, the Flipside 400 AW II camera bag is very well made and good on the price too. So overall, it’s one of the camera bags I’d recommend for your Nikon D850.
2. Porta Brace Large Messenger
This messenger bag is large enough to fit Nikon D850 camera body and 4 extra lenses or multiple camera bodies, memory cards, and an iPad. Porta Brace is not just well known for its brand-name, but also its highest quality materials.
What Porta Brace can hold:
- Holds DSLR Camera & 4 Extra Lenses
- Holds an iPad/Built-in Anti-Glare Visor
- Water-Resistant 1000-D Cordura Nylon
3. Manfrotto Professional Backpack 50
While the Manfrotto 50 might be much more than the money you’d want to spend, it’s the camera bag you shoud look into. This camera backpack can hold a Nikon D850, a battery grip, attached 70-200 F/2.8 lens, an extra camera body, 5 extra lenses, a flash, a tablet, a 15″ MacBook laptop, a tripod, and accessories. The material used for the bag itself does repel water. However, for heavy rain you will want to use that cover. The material is fairly heavy and durable.
4. Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW
While Lowepro Flipside 400 AW II is a recommended camera bag for your Nikon D850, I also have to add this ProTactic 450 AW to the list because it’s a professional backpack can can load up to two DSLRs, one with up to 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached, 8 lenses/speed lights, 15″ MacBoook laptop, a tripod, and accessories. In addition to this, you can store your DJI Mavic Pro drone. The build quality on this bag is amazing, is clearly a notch above the Manfrotto bag. the ProTactic is everything you’d hope after simply reading the headline.
5. Think Tank Photo Airport Commuter
While there are many styles of camera bags, this is ideal for frequent travel photographers as they can take it as international or domestic carry-on bag. In the box, there are tripod straps, reinforced padded dividers, and cable lockSeam-sealed rain cover.
- Cable lock & locking YKK® RC Fuse zippers protect your gear
- Fits up to a 15” laptop and a 10” tablet
- Gripped DSLR
6. Chrome Unisex Niko Pack
This is a water-resistant, padded camera backpack with integrated laptop sleeve and customizable interior. In addition to being adjustable and customizable, it’s also easy to organize your items. The bag straps is short for those with a broader chest and shoulders. Overall it feels like a pack for storing gear rather than actively using gear. The Chrome Unisex Niko Pack is one of the most comfortable, durable and efficient camera bags for most photographers.
- Weather-resistant with PU coated zipper
- Front hook and loop fastener straps secure large tripod or skateboard
- Side access U-Lock holster
7. Case Logic DSB-101 Luminosity Medium DSLR
- Adjustable walls, dividers and safety straps provide dedicated storage for DSLR camera, 3-6 additional lenses or flash and accessories
- Unique, patent pending snake divider system allows you to customize camera and accessory storage with just one hand – simply slide tractable panels to either create more space or coil to envelope your gear with 360° protection
8. Kenora Backpack
The Kenora backpack fits the essentials and a few accessories. Comparing to other camera bags, it’s affordable. The bag uses the finest quality hardware, materials, and components. The premium quality leather and waxed canvas backpack looks beautiful. The Kenora backpack is perfect for the professional or amateur photographer who wants to look good while they shoot.
What I like about the Kenora Backpack
- Side access for camera
- Carry my 15 inch MacBook Pro
After reading this review, you may have more useful information to decide which Nikon D850 camera bag you want. Not all camera bags are made equal.