Are you a travel photographer looking for the best camera harness for hiking? Designed for hikers, the best camera straps for hiking give most photographers the comfort for shooting outdoor. The strap harness for hikers are different from the conventional one.
Just like a camera backpack for hikers, the strap is essential for most people. These camera straps multi carrier chest harness vest with mounting hubs are the best for hiking, wedding, sports, nature, and studio photography.
The best camera strap for hiking photographers should be:
- Very comfortable for long use
- Sling, or shoulder, or neck, or cross-body strap
- Strong, sturdy, and durable
A List of Top Best Camera Straps for Hiking in 2019
1. Nicole Elliott by BLACKRAPID
- Comfortable and stylish
- Left- or right-handed wear
2. Peak Design Slide Camera Strap
It’s always a tough decision not to select a camera strap without including one from Peak Design. As always, this Peak Design Slide Camera Strap SL-2 is popular among photographers who frequently hiking.
This is an adjustable camera strap to use as a sling, shoulder, or neck strap.
- Sling, Shoulder, or Neck Strap
- Quick-Connecting Anchor Link System
- Comfortable 2″ Width
3. BlackRapid Hybrid Breathe Camera Strap
If you often have to move quickly on flat or rugged terrain, this is the camera strap designed for that purpose. The BlackRapid Hybrid Breathe helps stabilize an attached camera resting along the right hip.
- Cross-Body Strap, Holds 1 or 2 Cameras
- For Right-Handed Users
4. Matin Neoprene Fast Access Sling
The fast access strap makes it easier for photographers to use the camera. I like the comfortable leather on the top of the strap.
- Shoulder pad – Neoprene, Metal part – Aluminum
- Length: 47.24~63 inches (120~160 cm)
- Protects the camera body safely
5. Keyhole Hands Free Camera Harness
This is one of the best currently available solutions for carrying a full size DSLR to hike.
- Made from durable polypropylene straps and a hard plastic plate
- Reasonably secure
- Minimal weight and fuss
6. Vortex Harness Strap
When using this harness, your binoculars fit close to your chest and eliminate them from dangling forward when bending over.
One thing right away to notice and expect with this harness is that you no longer feel the dead weight on your neck.
7. Binocular Harness camera & rangefinder strap
This camera strap for hiking uses durable elastic, but not too stiff. Binocular Harness camera & rangefinder strap is comfortable, easily adjusted, and looks to be built like a Sherman tank.
- Easy to adjust
- Easy to remove the binoculars
8. Crooked Horn Outfitters Original Slide N Flex Bino System
By far this is one of the best camera strap for hiking available on the market today. This harness is the most dependable and truly functional harness that I have found.
- Adjustable to work on all sizes of binoculars, cameras and rangefinders
9. Movo MB2000 Camera Carrying System Vest with Camera
It’s probably your best choice if you have a water proof camera. This camera strap for hiking helps eliminate the neck pain after a long day in the field.
- Movo MB2000 is fully adjustable
10. Micnova MQ-MSP01
It does lock into place when the camera mounts are properly positioned and tightened securely.
- Breathable to reduce stress
- Free-weight capability
11. Cotton Carrier G3 1 Camera Harness Gray
- Ergonomic design
- Hands free
12. Nicama Dual Camera Strap Multi Carrier Chest Harness Vest with Mounting Hubs
In addition to hiking, the camera strap is also the best wedding, sports, and studio photography.
- Secure camera locking system with Instant Release
- Durable and easy to set up
- Great product worth the money
13. Skout for Camera The Original Sling Style Harness
- Easy on and easy off
- Twisted and lock mechanism
Good to Know
When hiking in the forest, you don’t want your camera hits against your chest. If you hike a lot or love hiking, I’d recommend that you need to have a good camera strap for hiking purpose.
When hiking or shooting outdoor, photographers need a specialized design camera strap to make photographing way easier.
This list of the best camera straps for hiking purpose I picked is a work of research, discussions with friends, and tests.
By now, it’s your turn to choose one from this list. When hiking, you need the best strap for that. Enjoy hiking and photography!