Having the best DSLR camera lenses for landscape means that you will enjoy more during your travel to shoot nature. Most photographers love the beauty of mountains, lakes, and natural wonders of the planet. With the best wide angle lenses, photographers can achieve so much in photojournalism, wedding, sports, and even portrait. It’s usually challenging to find the right Nikon wide angle lenses when delving into the world of landscape photography. Do you need a Nikon wide angle lens to capture breathtaking landscape views? In this review, you can go through my list of the top best Nikon lenses for landscape photography.
Also: Best Camera Lens Bags
- The Top Best Nikon Lenses for Landscape Photography in 2018
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S NIKKOR Lens
- Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX NIKKOR Lens
- Samyang 14mm Ultra Wide-Angle f/2.8 IF ED UMC Manual Focus Lens
- AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
- Samyang SYIO35AF-E 35mm f/2.8 Ultra Compact Wide Angle Lens
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art Lens
- Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC
- Good to Know
The Top Best Nikon Lenses for Landscape Photography in 2018
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S NIKKOR Lens
The lens’s f/2.8 fixed aperture was made for consistent exposure across the entire zoom range. This Nikkor Lens stands top of the list for both its price and values. Most of my friend photographers I talked to find it worth the investment.
- Wide-angle to medium telephoto zoom capability
- Advanced optics for outstanding photo integrity
- Rugged construction for high-grade protection against dust and moisture
Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX NIKKOR Lens
This is the best Nikon lens for beginners who want to start shooting landscape photos. Although it’s a budget Nikon lens, you can expect an outstanding low-light performance. Therefore, it makes it perfect for shooting landscapes during the dark.
- f/1.8 aperture for blurring the background and setting the focus sharply on the subject
- 35 mm focal length for achieving a natural-looking shot
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) technology for fast focus without noise
- Aspherical lens elements to prevent lens aberration
Samyang 14mm Ultra Wide-Angle f/2.8 IF ED UMC Manual Focus Lens
One of the most affordable Nikon lenses for budget photographers who still want to get sharp quality photos. It works really well even when you to shoot the milky way and static stars.
- Ultra-wide-angle 14mm lens with an approximately 90-degree angle of view for ultra-dramatic shots
- Hybrid aspherical lens and glass aspherical lens built in the body for exceptionally sharp and high-definition images
- Conforms to APS-C (1:1.5x) size digital imaging format
- Super multi-layer coating to reduce lens flare and ghosting
AF-P DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
This Nikon lens provides a 27-83mm equivalent range and has built-in image stabilization. This compact, lightweight lens is ideal for wide-angle shots and fast action. The VR image stabilization helps to produce sharp photos, steady videos and enhanced low-light capabilities.
- Focal Length Range: 18 – 55 mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/ 3.5-5.6
VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization: Yes. Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
Samyang SYIO35AF-E 35mm f/2.8 Ultra Compact Wide Angle Lens
In addition to being compatible with Nikon camera, this Samyang lens can work with Sony E and A mounts, Canon, Pentax, Micro Four Thirds and Fuji X-Mount. It’s a small yet powerful lens for travel, environmental portraits, stealthy street shooting, and landscapes.
Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art Lens
- 12-24mm focal length
- F4 maximum aperture
- Ring-type Ultrasonic Focusing
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX) and Sigma mounts
Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC
Probably one of the world’s lightest lens for landscape photographers, the Tamron 18-200mm allows you to take great shots in most situations. This interchangeable lens is also ideal for beginners. This Tomron lens is another best budget lens for the hobbyists and casual photographers.
- For APS-C DSLR cameras
- Vibration Compensation for sharp handheld shooting
- Compatible Mounts Canon, Nikon, Sony 3
Good to Know
As I wrote early (Best Leica Camera Lenses), the optical lenses help travel photographers to achieve much more. The capability to extend your DSLR photography to new wider horizon is primarily through the lenses, which allows you to capture your imagination wider. As you’ve just gone through this review, you now have a better idea of which lens is best for your landscape photography pursuit. There are two key factors here to decide: are you going for a budget lens or else? Whichever lens you choose, this list is a work of many hours that I put together to make easier for those who want to start getting into the landscape photography by choosing the right wide angle lens for your Nikon DSLR camera.