As the owner of Sony Alpha a7R III camera, what you really need most is the best accesories to enhance your photography. After spending hours researching into this, I’m very much delighted to share with you this must-have accessories so that you can gain more benefit from your Alpha a7R III. Many of the accessories listed here were designed for Alpha a7R III camera, some others are compatible.
Best Accessories for Sony Alpha a7R III Camera
- 10. Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens
- 9. Domke F-1X Little Bit Bigger Classic Series Shoulder Bag
- 8. Sony HVL-F43M External Flash
- 7. Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip
- 6. Sony RM-VPR1 Remote Commander
- 5. Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- 6. Sony SF-G Memory Card
- 5. Tether Tools 16′ TetherPro USB 3.0 Cable
- 4. SanDisk ImageMate USB 3.0 Card Reader/Writer
- 3. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
10. Sony FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens
After the Alpha a7R III camera body, what you need to bring your photography to the new whole level is this FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS Lens from Sony. The focal length is 100 – 400mm. With this lens, you have control over a numerous settings or making operation smooth and intuitive for a variety of shooting styles.
- Sharp and smooth bokeh
- Gorgeous bokeh
- Fast, quiet, precise focusing
- Big, bulky, and heavy
- Not cheap
9. Domke F-1X Little Bit Bigger Classic Series Shoulder Bag
8. Sony HVL-F43M External Flash
Compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL, this flash can extend your shooting possibilities with the advanced HVL-F43M External Flash from Sony. This lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness.
7. Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip
This battery grip is for Alpha a9 & a7R III cameras. The VG-C3EM Vertical Grip is able to hold two NP-FZ100 batteries. More available batteries mean extra power. What I really like about this battery grip is that it is built from magnesium alloy and is dust- and moisture-resistant to match the weather sealing of the camera itself.
6. Sony RM-VPR1 Remote Commander
This Remote Control is compatible with your Alpha a7R III camera. With this remote, you can control shutter, optical zoom, digital zoom and bulb function. For most videographers and photographers, this is one of the best, affordable accessories to have. The Remote Commanders works very well taking stills or video. You can use it to zoom in and out and take stills or start/end video.
5. Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
An extra battery is very useful for most photographers. For just under $100, you can get a high-capacity Z-series power source for your Sony digital camera. You can manage to shoot a 2 hour video with a single battery. Typically, the original battery lasts very long. However, having a backup battery is a must.
6. Sony SF-G Memory Card
A storage capacity of 128GB allows you to focus more on your shooting, and less on fearing that you’ll have no more space for your more great work. Fast and reliable, this Sony memory card (as good as the SanDisk) is capable to read speeds of up to 300 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 299 MB/s. Buy this Sony 128GB SF-G Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card for your peace of mind and enjoy shooting.
5. Tether Tools 16′ TetherPro USB 3.0 Cable
Sony is a pioneer to switch over to a USB-C port for tethering. You need this USB 3.0 cable for your Sony camera because it offers fast and reliable transfer of images and data. One of the most durable file tranfer cables to have.
4. SanDisk ImageMate USB 3.0 Card Reader/Writer
This USB 3.0 interface offers the data transfer rates up to 500 Mbps. The ImageMate was designed to be compatible with multiple memory card formats for wide-ranging use. It supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC.
3. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
Just like other camera accessories, a tripod is very handy for professional photography.
– Multi-angle head is the best one in the industry (in my opinion)
– Leg Angle adjusting buttons are best in the industry (in my opinion)
– Lightweight but feels solid
– Goes super low and quite high
– Came with a free bag which is good enough for me
More camera accessory reviews: