Best Lenses for Newborn Photography (2020)
It is not so easy to choose a suitable lens for newborn photography. Let’s take a look at some of the top rated lenses for photographing newborns. This review will help you choose some of the best lenses for newborn photo shoot.
A List of Top 10 Best Lenses for Newborn Photography in 2020
Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM
Photos are sharp and clear, and without stretching, you can adjust the focus with the ring. The newborn photography lens is smaller and lighter than the different line models. Opening f / 1.8 allows you to separate threads. This is little light as well. The focus quality in this field is extraordinary.
- Large, bright f/1.4 aperture
- Image Stabilization at up to 4* Stops of Shake Correction
- GMo Aspherical Lens with Air Sphere Coating Technology
EF standard 50mm
Canon EF 50mm is very suitable for any shooting conditions. Many camera equipment forums consider this model to be the best lens for newborn photography. I recommend it to actors and photographers who frequently work in terrible lighting conditions or at home. This is the best newborn photography lens for Canon camera bodies. The broader openness of each Canon lens for newborn photography makes it your best decision. Beginner photographers can take great pictures of children from the first shot.
- Best for portraits, action, and nighttime photography
- Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous Move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimeter effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimeter on full frame cameras
Nikon AF-S 105 mm
Auto focus tag assistance allows you to focus autofocus on any Nikon DSLR, and will not deprive you of the ability to adjust the focus by yourself. You will have the option to take sharp pictures with four stops slower than the other options. However, this model is quite large, but due to its high performance, the pressure to move it is justified.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 0.13x
- Nano Crystal Coating
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Wide Angle Lens
Many photographers like the auto focus, which works quickly and accurately. This lens for newborn photography is modest, optical, and pure. I highly recommend it. The Canon EF 35mm is the best for both experts and new learners who love photography.
- Ring-type UltraSonic Motor (USM)
- Closest focusing distance: 1 foot, The focal length is 35mmf/1.4 maximum aperture
- EF mount and wide-angle lens
- Lens not zoomable
Nikon AF FX 35 mm
I got a Nikon AF FX 35mm lens for newborn photography. It is fast in autofocus and very sharp. Designed for Nikon SLR cameras, you’ll get a soft bokeh. This is one of the best Nikon FX format F mount lenses.
- Lens not zoomable
- Ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 58mm filters FX and DX lenses can be mounted on all Nikon DSLR cameras
100 mm Tokina
The Tokina 100mm overall lens for newborn photography is great if you want to take a 1: 1 close-up picture in the 30cm range. Another essential component of these best lenses for newborn photography is the one-touch focus system. Gradually scan the best newborn photo lens.
- Macro lens capable of life-sized (1:1) reproduction
- Closest macro focusing distance 11.8 inches (30 mm)
- Best for DX and full frame DSLRs
Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART is an extension of the Sigma Planner that allows you to capture vast innovative distances. Due to the seamless and easy-to-understand structure of today and today, this model will enable you to take brightly colored pictures. It is durable and well assembled. Thanks to the SLD lens for newborn photography, this newfound lens provides low color curvature and improved image quality.
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters
Tamron AF 90mm
Tamron AF 90mm f / 2.8 Di Macro for newborn photography with the Greek canon holder can be the ideal macro lens for newborn photography for close-up photography and photography. Take incredible sharp photos with a dark base: a lightweight, portable lens for small photography options with multiple covers for the surfaces of its components.
- Built in motor designed for use with Nikon Cameras
- In manual-focus mode Tamron lenses provide smooth, precise manual focusing
- Lens not zoomable
Sony E 55-210mm
This 55-210mm lens for newborn photography provides a great balance in form and function: convenient zoom in with a surprisingly light and utterly comfortable body that holds power to operate. By working in a stable photo editing frame, you can provide sharp images even if they are taken with a light hand.
- Wide zoom range (82 – 315mm 35mm equivalent)
- Aperture blades: 7 internal focusing for smooth, quiet operation
- Best for video capture.
- Direct manual focus with non-rotating focus ring during AF: ideal for precise, comfortable manual focus adjustments
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization
- Quiet Internal focusing makes smooth, responsive AF possible with minimum noise
It is suitable for people who want to have a primary wide-angle lens for newborn photography. The Sigma 24mm wide-angle model is compatible with Full-Frame and APS-C cameras. The advanced optical frame delivers stunning quality.
- Versatile wide-angle perspective
- Best for low light conditions
- Great control over the focus position
Good to Know
What settings should you use for taking newborn photos?
You should set your digital camera:
- to Manual mode with a shutter speed of 1/200 sec for sharp shots
- and set a wide aperture to around f/3.5 (anything wider might be too shallow)
- Better use Auto ISO and the ISO adapts for good exposure
Should you use Flash for newborn photography?
Consider using safe lighting! External flashes are great if you can let the light bounce from the ceiling and keep the power low enough. This will avoid blinding the baby or waking them up. For safety reason, most professional baby photographers prefer to use ambient lighting.
What age is ideal for newborn photography?
Ideally, you should consider taking newborn baby photo shoot for around two weeks after your due date. At least, between 7 and 1o days old is essential.
If you’re beginner, you’ll think if you have the right lens for newborn photography. Or if you are now a newborn photographer, you might imagine it may be a good time get one of the best lenses for newborn photography we recommend.