In studios, there is a special kind of light used in professional photography. In drama production, and capturing of photos a photographic light from moonlight. Flash power produced by the monolight is measured in watt-seconds. The following are the top rated portable monolights for photo booth, studio, and outdoor portrait for most photographers.
A List of Top 10 Best Portable Photographic Lighting Monolights in 2019
1. Cowboy studio 400 Watt Photography Studio Monolight
It has good durability and construction. Its portable light design enables you to position it the way you want your picture to appear. I like this moonlight in that, it has its own power source which makes you take photos in areas without power sources. Its price is also cheap hence can be easy to buy.
- 400 watts of power
- Comes in three colors; light are interchangeable when necessary
2. Neewer 300W Strobe/Flash Light
Its design easily allows you to connect an umbrella in order to hold the flash when you need it.
It can be used both as a backlight and main light. When you click on your camera you can have continuous lamp action. It is also convenient to use when traveling to photo functions.
- 300 watts of lighting power
- High durability
3. NEEWER 250W Studio Flash/Strobe Modeling Light
With this sensor, you can create a dramatic effect on your photos because it has concurrently light on the direction of your desire. With just a touch of a hand, the monolight slave sensor produces continuous flash and lamp function.
- Comes with a slave sensor to detect other strobes
- A test button and variable dial for setting from dim to full
- Versatile for use with an umbrella for nice lighting power
4. Flashpoint Rapid 600 HSS Monolight with Built-in R2 2.4GHz Radio Remote System (Bowens Mount)
You can be offered a carrying case for all components of this moonlight. It has an inbuilt radio receiver system.
- Recycle speed of 0.05 to 0.9 secs
- 600-watt power high-quality monolight
- Price is a little bit expensive
- Portable design; easy to carry
5. Studio PRO Professional Photography Studio 200W/s Monolight
When you buy this item, you are given essential requirements. It comes with a manual which can guide you on how to produce good pictures when you use it.
- High functionality and portable and convenient design
- Comes with a free 75 watt modeling lamp for probing
- Best for wedding shoots and college photography
6. ORLIT RoveLight RT 610 TTL Monolight with On Board Power
This product is one of the wireless TTL monolights that’s compatible with Canon and Nikon wireless systems. The 6000mAh Lithium-ion interchangeable battery gives most outdoor photographers the freedom to shoot portrait and wedding photography.
- Powerful lighting
- Color accurate light
- 20W LED modeling light
7. Flashpoint XPLOR 400PRO TTL R2 Battery-Powered Monolight
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery pack (21.6v/2600mAh) and charger
- Reliable and brilliant Flashpoint R2 2.4GHz Radio System
8. Profoto B10 AirTTL, Off Camera Flash and Continuous Light
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery and battery charger
- Adjustable brightness and color temperature
- Easy and flexible to install on a tripod or light stand
9. Profoto B1X 500 AirTTL 1-Light to-Go Kit
- 80% brighter LED modeling light
- Cordless design
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- 24W LED modeling light
10. Interfit Honey Badger 320Ws Flash Head
- LED Modeling Lamp
- 320Ws studio flash head
- Good enough for the price
Good to Know
The light carries useful information when it comes to the quality flash unit. But the monolight has an overall role in guiding used to specify the average speed of the film. What distinguishes monolight from other lighting equipment in photography is the availability of its independent power source. This makes them be so important than other devices used for light production in the film industry.
They can work independently and a person can set its power manually in the photography session.
The above list can enable you to choose the best portable monolight which is the top rated for your photography needs.