Having a good camera is not enough. If you can add the best handheld camera stabilizer to your gear list, you will worry less about blurred images and shaky video. A top rated camera stabilizer helps you get that smooth and steady shot when you’re on the go. In this review, I selected the best camera stabilizers you can buy.
Buying the top best gimbal stabilizer for DSLR camera will serve your purpose for your action video shooting. You should consider these factors before buying: image, model, size, and weight.
A List of the Top Best Handheld Camera Stabilizers for Gopro, DSLR, and Mirrorless Camera in 2019
1. DJI Phone Camera Gimbal OSMO MOBILE
Built for Apple iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus and Android phones of similar sizes, this stabilizer can be used upside down to get low shots. You can also use it with any camera app as the Osmo is simply providing full stabilization for the phone and not impacting any of its functionality or the app that you have running. Installation is easy. However, the OSMO Mobile is not waterproof.
- With its Active Track technology, it can automatically keep your smartphone facing you as you move.
2. SkyLab 3-Axis Handheld Stabilizing Gimbal
With this cool product, you can easily capture smooth action video sequences. The grip magically minimizes vibration and bumps, whether you’re riding a bike or running on the beach. The stabilizer mount provides handheld camera support to improve photographic quality and reduce shake in video shots.
- This SkyLab 3-Axis Handheld Stabilizing Gimbal is well compatible with GoPro HERO3, HERO3+, HERO 4 Silver and HERO 4 Black cameras to film while running, riding or flying.
- It’s weighted at about 2 pounds.
3. Karma Grip for GoPro
The best thing about this Karma Grip is that it helps stabilizes your GoPro camera, reducing shake. Included in this product package is a Karma Grip, a Karma Grip case, aKarma Harness (HERO5 Black), a Karma Mounting Ring, a Tie-Down Strap, a USB-C Cable, and s Wrist Lanyard.
4. DJI Ronin-S Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer All-in-one Control DSLR Mirrorless Cameras
- Easy to hold with one hand
- Designed for most DSLR and mirrorless cameras
A List of the Best Gimbal Stabilizers for GoPro Cameras in 2019
So you’ve got a GoPro and you need a good Gimbal stabilizers to make it more perfect? Choosing a good gimbal stabilizer for GoPro isn’t easy.
After hours of research and days of testing, I can a list of GoPro Gimbal stabilizers you should have this year.
The best gimbal stabilizers should be:
- good support and stability
- wearable or chest mount
- compatible with most Gopro cameras
Based on my thorough research, here is a list of the best gimbal stabilizers for GoPro that you can buy.
1. ROXANT PRO Video Camera Stabilizer
Because of the resulting clarity, this gimbal stabilizer is recommended for not only GoPros, but also filmmaking as it is able to support cameras with up to 2.0 pounds.
The Roxant pro GroPro Stabilizer has clear and smooth quality which can immortalize all the adventure dreams you have ever had.
- 13.5 x 2 x 8″
- 1.8 lbs
- Comfort grip handle, 3 separate counter-weights, for precise adjustments.
2. EVO GP GoPro Stabilizer
Its high-torque, high power motors work together to give an excellent image stabilization thereby producing smooth captures every time.
All videos and photos taken using the stabilizer look brilliant even in situations that are shaky. With an in-built charging cable, you can spend much time out without worrying about battery life.
- 12 x 3 x 3.5″
- 1.4 lbs
- Easy to setup: plug & play out of the box
3. Lanparte LA3D Go Pro Gimbal
Lanparte LA3D GoPro is compatible with several camera versions and can be mounted on different types of camera through its detachable mount.
Interestingly, it has a built-in port which enables you to charge it on the fly, thus, having more shooting time.
- 11 x 7 x 7″
- 1 lb
- Supports GoPro Hero5 Black, Garmin Virb Ultra 30, YI 4K & 4K+, SJCAM4000-7000 as well as the GoPro Hero 3, Hero 3+, Hero4 Black/Silver models
4. SENHAI Pro GoPro Steadycam
It is very light and has a rubberized mounting surface that will hold your camera tightly.
SENHAI Pro GoPro Steadycam has a grip that was designed particularly for enhancing comfort.
- 13.3 x 9.6 x 3″
- 2.4 lbs
- Non-slip mounting surface
- Adjustable screw hole
5. Movo Photo VS01-SP
It can also be used with variety of cameras up to 1.5 pounds, and is easy to use due to its bubble feature that allows you to fine tune the leveling process.
Whether you are planning to take a simple shot or an entire film, this product helps you achieve desired results.
- 9 x 7 x 1.5″
- 1 lbs
- Smooth ball joint Gimbal design
- Bubble level for fine tuning balance
6. Feiyu G6 Plus 3-Axis Splash-Proof Protable All-Round Handheld Stabilizer Gimbal
You can have the Feiyu G6 with you for a ferry boat ride next to the water falls without having to worry about anything.
- WIFI+ Bluetooth dual connection
- Easy to operate
7. SMALLRIG Camera Cage for Panasonic DMC-GH4/GH3
Overall, this cage is just a top quality product. Do you know why? Well, it feels very safe and secure. Sturdy and protective, you can easily fit in your camera backpack. As it’s named after, Smallrig is the best.
- Made of aluminum alloy
- Sturdy and solid
Good to Know
Final thought before making a purchase: There are several things you need to consider before buying your preferred Gimbal stabilizers for your Gopro. The common factors are price, features, and compatibility. First, you must consider a particular Gimbal that is within your budget range. Since they are all effective, you don’t have to strain to buy the most expensive.
It is also important to consider what you need the Gimbal for; different Gimbals have variable features depending on the function.
Last but not least, the best Gimbal stabilizer you choose must be compatible with your DSLR and Gopro model.