Do you want to advance your photography passion? If you are looking for sharp shots from long focal lengths, using a monopod (or unipod) to support your DSLR camera is the way to achieve that. If you don’t want to carry a tripod around, you should get a lightweight monopod instead.
The best monopods should be:
- light and strong for travel, wildlife, sports photography, and video
- for heavy lenses
- made from carbon fiber
- within your budget
A List of Top 10 Best Video Monopods for Photography and Video in 2019
1. Sirui P-326 Monopod
It is a great accessory which can be obtained for an amazing price. A very high quality lightweight, the Sirui P-326 Monopod is very sturdy for support in stream crossings. The product features include:
- Weighs approximately 0.9 pounds
- Supporting up to 22 lbs
- 6 leg locks
2. Gitzo GM-2562T Series 2 Monopod
Features of this product include:
- Rigid Carbon eXact tubing
- Support weight up to 12 kg
- Weighs up to 405 g
3. Manfrotto XPRO MPMXPROC4
- User serviceable quick extension clamp
- Push and Pull clamp design
- Quality embossed rubber grip
4. Dolica WT-1003 Monopod
This is an excellent choice when looking for a monopod that is extremely lightweight. This monopod is the best choice for a mirrorless camera. The Dolica WT-1003 Monopod will give you the most beneficial purchase to your photographic hobby.
- Support weight up to 6.7 lbs
- Weighs up to 0.8 lbs
- Extended leg reaches 67 inches
5. Benro Adventure MAD49A
- Heavy leg weighing over 200g
- The tallest stand of all monopods on this list
- Sturdy and rigid aluminum tubing
6. AmazonBasics Carbon Fiber Monopod
AmazonBasics Carbon Fiber Monopod is the most affordable choice for most travel photographers. Overall, it’s light and durable comparing to the more expensive monopod. You’ll be amazed by its durability and how it provides rock solid support.
- Lightweight 8X carbon fiber
7. Vanguard VEO 2 AM-234TU Shooting Stick
- Easy to fold and lock
- Soft rubber handle
8. Manfrotto Compact Extreme 2-in-1 Monopod & Pole
This Manfrotto monopod is the best for mirrorless camera and Gopro camera photographers. It’s quite handy and light, although the head should have been much better. Its thumb screw on the head jiggles and makes noise.
- Sturdy aluminum
9. DIGIANT MP-3606 Professional Camera Monopod 70″
- Smooth tilt and panning
- Strong and sturdy
- Best for the money
10. FOSOTO Portable Travel Walking Stick Carbon Fiber Camera Monopod Unipod
This carbon fiber monopod is for stabilizing SLR and compact cameras. It’s very ideal for outdoor photography. If you want the best lightweight monopod for hiking, then you shouldn’t have to look further.
- Lightweight, rigid and steady
- High-efficiency shock absorption
- Carbon fiber for stability
- High quality mount
Good to Know
This is a one-legged tripod that is smaller, lighter, compact and easy to set up when you want to capture exceptional pictures.
These features also make monopods more appropriate for photographing fast moving objects when viewing wildlife or sports.
It is also a great accessory popular with traveling and landscaping photographers as it is light to carry around compared to a big tripod.
This list will assist you to make an informed decision before buying this cool accessory to improve your photography career.
You might want to read: