The best camera is the one you can take it out and shoot anytime. Most travel photographers still prefer to own the best smartphone camera. The criteria used to make this final list of the best smartphone cameras was based on features, overall look, budget as well as the quality of photos and videos.
- A List of Top 10 Smartphone Cameras in 2018
- 1. Pixel 2XL Is the Best Overall Smartphone Camera
- 2. Galaxy S9+ Has the Best Camera Features
- 3. Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom is the Best Budget Camera Phone
- 4. Huawei Mate 10 Pro Is the Best for Selfies
- 5. LG V30 Is the Best for Video and Landscapes
- 6. Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- 7. Motorola Moto G5 Plus
- 8. Huawei P10
- 9. Google Pixel XL
- 10. Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Good to Know
A List of Top 10 Smartphone Cameras in 2018
1. Pixel 2XL Is the Best Overall Smartphone Camera
- Included Pixel-Visual Core feature
- Integrated technology to enhance the processing of HDR photos
2. Galaxy S9+ Has the Best Camera Features
- Switch to a width of f/1.5 aperture to make photos look sharper in low-light settings
- Dedicated memory to minimize noise
3. Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom is the Best Budget Camera Phone
Considering smartphone’s’ camera capabilities and prices, The Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom stands out. In addition, it features a sharp 13MP selfie-camera which has all the beauty mode settings. The battery can last for more than 16 hours after full charge.
- Dual 12 mega-pixel rear cameras
- Up to a 2.3x optical zoom
- Color correction sensor, 4-axis optical-image stabilization
4. Huawei Mate 10 Pro Is the Best for Selfies
- Front-camera setting for some selfies
5. LG V30 Is the Best for Video and Landscapes
- Dual camera setup which supplements a 16MP standard-lens that has a 13 MP wide-angle
6. Apple iPhone 8 Plus
- The new A11 Bionic chipset boasts an extra two power-efficient cores
7. Motorola Moto G5 Plus
8. Huawei P10
Want to watch Netflix? The Huawei P10 uses the new Leica Dual Camera 2.0, which uses precise 3D facial detection and dynamic illumination. P10 produces stunning pictures in Leica image style. Huawei compares this camera as having a studio in your pocket.
- 5.1 in LCD with a 1080p panel (Full HD) display
- HDR support
- 12-megapixel main camera and 20MP monochrome sensor
- two SUMMARIT-H lenses with an F2.2 aperture
9. Google Pixel XL
- 5.0″ AMOLED Full HD (1920×1080) 441 ppi display
10. Apple iPhone 7 Plus
Good to Know
Android vs. iOS
When buying an iOS phone then purchase iPhone X, it’s the best iOS phone that one can buy. Though the Pixel 2 XL is also the best camera with a great optical zoom and dual rear cameras. The Google-made smartphone produces perfect portraits. Google defeated iPhone, they make phones with the best smartphone camera. It’s based on the lower light and how it performed well at taking self-portraits.
The iPhone X closely follows the Pixel 2XL. Pixel stands out due to its 2x optical zoom. This feature is largely contributed by a pair of rear-lenses which include a 1.2MP wide-angle shooter as well as a 12 MP telephoto lens that enables you to zoom in in-order to get more detailed image of the photo without losing clarity or sharpness. In addition the iPhone X also has dual rear cameras to help you with portrait mode as it enable you to add lighting as well as blue effects to your photos.
If you’re looking for the best smartphone with the best camera, you’d be surprised that it’s not just the high-end, expensive smartphones like Huawei P10, Apple iPhone 8 Plus, and Google Pixel, cheaper or budget smartphones like Moto G5 Plus also offers the best for your money.
Motorola Mobility, a subsidiary of Lenovo Group, has just released its budget, popular smartphone Moto G5 Plus, an upgrade to its Moto G product line. While it’s one of the cheap smartphones you can buy, for as little as $229, its camera is probably one of the best on the market for its price this year, 2017. The first Moto G came out in 2013.