Top 10 Best Waterproof Camera Backpacks (2019)
Love doing photography when kayaking, swimming, snorkeling or at the beach? The best waterproof camera bag is a must-have gear. After years of trying out a dozen of camera backpacks with water resistant feature, I’ve got them covered in this list. Most travel photographers will need at least a top rated water resistant camera backpack and underwater camera bag that will protect their photography gears and accessories. I take a look at what most photographer like and don’t like in a waterproof backpacks for photography gears. Here’s a list of top best waterproof DSLR camera bags and backpacks you should buy this year. Essentially, a top rated scratch and water-resistant camera bag or case will keep everything safe from harm.
A List of Top 10 the Best Waterproof Camera Backpacks for Travel in 2019
Table of Contents
1. miggo Agua Stormproof Backpack 85
As it’s named after, miggo Agua can take on extreme weather. This water-resistant camera bag can hold a DSLR camera with 70-200, 2 lenses, a flash, and a 15.4″ computer laptop and a tablet. This is one of the best camera bags for outdoor shooting. You no longer have to worry about getting your expensive gear damaged.
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Water repellent zippers
- Front tripod holder
- Design: average
2. Lowepro DryZone 200 Backpack
Just like any other bags made by Lowepro, this one provides a nice protection for your camera. The waterproof compartment can store your DSLR camera and most accessories you need for hiking, camping, or waterfall photo shooting.
- Self-draining mesh pockets
- Tripod holder
- Quite big and heavy
- The zipper is most annoying to open and close
3. OverBoard Waterproof Dry Tube Bag
- Can wear it sideway
- Sturdy waterproof camera bag
- The material is very rigid
- Average design
- Not large enough to store everything
4. Abonnyc DRLBP-CZ Waterproof Anti-shock Backpack
For under $100, this camera bag is a good option if you’re not looking to spend a lot of money on a water-resistant bag. This nice, comfortable camera backpack can load all your necessary gear and accessories.
- Affordable price
- Durable and padded construction
- Easy to organize your items in the bag compartment
- No headphone holes
- No jet pack
- Average build quality
- Not easy to access pocket for camera accessories
- Durability: average
5. TUBU Camera Backpack for Outdoor Hiking
A waterproof camera bag made by an interesting group of photographers who love photography. This camera bag is a dream of photographers who take on making the products for themselves and other photographers. The bag maker, based in Hong Kong, focuses on the design and quality.
- Rugged, stylish sports design
- Breathable backing
- Very durable
- Small internal spacing compartment is not very ideal for laptop
6. Camera Backpack Waterproof by G-raphy
The G-raphy camera backpack can a lot of your stuff, 2 camera bodies, 4 lenses, a flash, tripod, extra batteries, lots of sd cards and a laptop. The laptop pocket in the front compartment is large that you can add an iPad or some more books. This is one of the best waterproof backpack for travel photographers.
- Removable partition
- Waterproof nylon
- Well built for durability
- Poor materials: not quite durable for heavy duty use
7. Beschoi Waterproof Lightweight DSLR Camera Bag
Most women photographers love this stylish water resistant backpack. It comes with plenty rooms for all your photography equipment. It’s one of the lightweight camera backpack on this list. I love the interior pockets and front zippered pocket of this Beschoi waterproof camera bag.
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Waterproof nylon fabrics
- Comfortable and spacious
- Build quality and materials: average
8. DryZone BP 40L Waterproof Camera Backpack
- Waterproof fabric
- Durable and breathable comfort
- Not for use daily
- Difficult to remove the inner bag.
9. Ape Case Pro SLR Bag
With a removable DSLR camera bag compartments, you can easily organize the gear and accessories. In addition to this, the Ape Case Pro Bag comes with a weather resistant case. It can load Mavic Pro and goggles, chargers, 5 batteries, screen, filters, and still has room for more. Amazing!
- Water resistant cover and attachable storage pouch
- Adjustable harness
10. Mission Workshop Sanction Rucksack Backpack
- 20L compartment
- Large zippered pocket fits most 15” laptop computers and larger tablets
- Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty
- Not cheap
Good to Know
Just like any tech gadget and electronic devices, a DSLR camera has to stay away from dust and getting wet to operate properly. Too often, photographers and travelers spend much of the time shooting outdoor photos or go the wild for animal or bird photography. This list includes the best waterproof bags and underwater bags for your DSLR and mirrorless cameras you need for your next trip. Stay adventurous!