What makes a good photograph? Good lighting, of course! With the best external flash, most photographers can capture better photographs. Available light on camera sensor decides the quality of photograph. Too often, external source of light is essential to properly illuminate the subject. Need to buy the best flashgun this year? Here’s my list of the top 10 best camera flashes.
- A List of Top 10 Best External Camera Flashes in 2018
- 1. Nissin MG10 & Air10s Kit for Canon
- 2. Canon 600 EX II-RT
- 3. Neewer NW-561 Flash
- 4. Altura Photo Studio Pro kit
- 5. Canon 270EX II Flash
- 6. Sony HVLF43M Flash
- 7. Neewer 750II TTL Flash
- 8. Nikon SB-700 AF Flash
- 9. Cactus RF60x Wireless Flash
- 10. Canon 430EX III-RT Flash
- Good to Know
A List of Top 10 Best External Camera Flashes in 2018
1. Nissin MG10 & Air10s Kit for Canon
- External motorized zoom: 24mm – 200mm / 18mm with diffuser
- Micro SD slot for firmware upgrades
- Flexible hand grip mount with height adjustment
2. Canon 600 EX II-RT
- It has 197 ft/60 m guide number in ISO100.
3. Neewer NW-561 Flash
- It measures 31.5 * 90.5 * 41.3 inches and weighs around 1.4 pounds.
- Fixed zoom and vertical rotation between 7 to 90 degrees, horizontal between 0 to 180 degrees.
4. Altura Photo Studio Pro kit
- 100 ft range.
- Two protective punches.
5. Canon 270EX II Flash
- It can bounce light rays vertically by 90 degrees.
- It comes with soft case and a mini stand.
6. Sony HVLF43M Flash
It comes quick bounce system, It can rotate flash 90 degrees left or right. It can handle up to three flashes and has white bounce card. It has pull of wide angle diffuser. It has powerful illumination.
- Weight: 450 grams
- It has range around 30 ft
7. Neewer 750II TTL Flash
- It can rotate 90 degrees vertically and 0 to 170 degrees horizontally.
8. Nikon SB-700 AF Flash
- Compact and versatile
- 3 light distribution patters, 360 degrees rotation, 90 degrees tilting
9. Cactus RF60x Wireless Flash
- Automatic AF-assist light
- Built-in wireless commander and slave
10. Canon 430EX III-RT Flash
It is bright, versatile and works for most environments. It uses radio transmission. It has auto zoom for sensor size. It is compact, light weight and easy to operate. It is a good choice for professionals operating Canon DSLRs.
- It has coverage of 14 mm.
- It has compact zoom flash with range 24-105 mm.
Good to Know
Light is the prime factor which determines quality of photograph. Choosing the best camera flash is important whether you are a beginner or professional. What is your budget and a lot of other factors need to be emphasized before you buy one. Nowadays external flashguns are becoming budget friendly.
The quality of flash and its price are major factors. Some external flashes can be operated on all DSLRs while some are meant for specific companies. If you’re serious about photography, buy the best camera flash.