Got a DSLR camera? For most beginners and professionals, having a DSLR camera with top rated accessories and gears is essential. The digital camera gives us the flexibility to add more gears and kits to meet our growing demand.
Some photographers have asked me: What accessories do I buy after buying my first DSLR? Of course, one of the most important accessories is the DSLR camera cleaning kit. But, there are some more. Some must-have.
With the best DSLR camera accessories for photography, the technique for better shooting is up to you. Please read my top best DSLR camera accessory kits you should have.
A List of Top Best Accessories & Gears for DSLR Camera in 2019
1. SmilePowo universal remote control Shutter Release
By using software such as Trigger trap dongles and Io shutter, allows using a personal smartphone to work as remote release. This small remote controller is not expensive, yet durable. It will work like a charm.
- Range is approximately 16 feet in front of camera
- Two second delay mode
- Slim wireless remote
2. Tripod Head
- Can be held at tight angles
- Load Capacity: 15lb /6.8kg
- Tripod Mount: 3/8″-16
3. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 67 mm
Filters are thin glass pieces that fit on front part of the camera just on front of the lens. Neutral density filters are most common since they have a longer exposure time. This means that you can take photos in hazy cloud or broad daylight.
- Ideal for outdoor photography
- Protects lens from dust, dirt, and scratches
- Helps eliminate bluish cast in images
4. DSLR Camera Lenses
That’s the ultimate reason to have a DSLR. Interchangeable. A DSLR camera has standard zoom lenses. These standard lenses have different focal length.
What are the best DSLR lenses to have? The answer is that it depends on what photography you specializes in. Read the following lists:
- Top 10 Best Nikon Lenses for Wildlife Photography
- Best Nikon DX Lenses
- Best Canon Lenses for Landscape
5. Best Camera Bag: HEX Raven DSLR Backpack
We travel a lot with our cameras, gears, and laptop. The best camera bag makes photographers easier to load the tripod, extra lenses, charging batteries etc. What’s the best camera bag should I buy? Please see my lists:
6. Lens and Sensor Cleaners: Polaroid Original Lenspen Cleaning Kit
DSLR cameras have a cleaning mechanism. However, it is better a cleaning kit that includes swabs, sensor cleaning fluid, and soft lens cloth. Polaroid Original Lenspen Cleaning Kit comes with Lenspen & Mini Pro II for easy and effective cleaning. The pen does a superb job of cleaning the lenses.
7. Veatree 52mm Lens Hood Set
The Waka 3 Stages Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood fits the lens very nicely and it provides good protection from glare. The build quality is great and I like the flexibility to set the hood in a bunch of different configurations. I prefer to do less editing and protect my lenses.
8. Best Camera Flashgun: Altura Photo Studio Pro Flash Kit
Manually operated flash guns are also an option if the photographers timing is accurate and money is saved while at it.
Altura Photo Studio Pro Flash Kit has two camera flashes. It can be operated wirelessly as well as wired mode.
- 100 ft range
- Two protective punches
Need to buy the best flashgun this year? Here’s my list of the top 10 best camera flashes.
9. Flash diffuser
The SpinLight 360 is the best flash light control system for photographers. As a result, professional wedding photographers can up their game when it comes to low light conditions.
10. Manfrotto MKBFRC4-BH Befree Carbon Fiber Tripod with Ball Head
Made from carbon fiber, the compact design of this Manfrotto MKBFRC4-BH Befree is the best tripod for hiking and travel photographers who shoot landscape and wildlife scenes in the mountains.
- Weighs only 1.4 kg (3 lbs), and it’s 40 cm (15.7)
- Compact size, light weight
11. MindShift Gear House of Cards Memory Wallet for CF and SD Cards
- Removable tether clip attaches to belt, bag, or clothing
- For 6 CF & 3 SD memory cards
12. Peak Design Black Slide Camera Strap SL-BK-3
- Comfortable and functional
- Durable aluminum quick-adjuster handles
13. Peak Design Capture Camera Clip V3
- Allow for fast & easy lens changes
- Quick-release lock withstands over 200 lbs. of force
14. PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz Wireless Shutter Remote Release Control
- Set delay timer, exposure time, interval time, number of shoots, repeat shooting interval time and repeat times
15. Flashpoint XPLOR 600PRO R2 TTL Battery-Powered Monolight Kit
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery
- Ultra-reliable Built-in 2.4GHz Wireless R2 Remote System
- Quality, ease of use, and great bundle
16. CamFi Pro Next Generation Wireless Camera Controller
Whether you do studio photography or shoot wedding photos, this wireless camera controller is essential to have. What’s the function and why you need it? With the CamFi Pro connected and setup, you get auto transmit photos as shooting.
- Supports transmitting and show photos on the connected devices (mobile, PC or Mac) as soon as they are taken
Good to Know
What are the best gear for DSLR photographers? Why professionals build their toolkit? What are essential accessories and gear in the camera bag? The list must be long. But I simplified it by listing down only the must-have accessories:
Best Tripod for Travel?
A good tripod should compatible with almost all digital cameras, DSLRs, and camcorders with 1/4″ thread mounting. There are two kinds of tripods: good ones, and portable ones.
The range of shooting provided by the tripod should wide for object high on ground and for those close to the ground.
What illuminates from the flash gun is important to capture the finest details. However, it can be too bright. So a plastic film-made flash diffuser can regulate amount of light.
A lens hood is a front element of the lens that prevents flare. It may not be included as a package when buying a camera. However, it’s a must-have kit. Make sure it fits well and it does not cause vignetting (corners of photos darkening).
Shoulder bags are the most preferred for an easy access. There are bags that double as a sling bag and as a backpack when convenient.
Lens filters come in different shapes i.e. round and square. Round filters fit by having screwed on front of the lens. They are bought for specific sizes of which they are easy to use for particular lens one is using. Square filters use different adapter rings to be attached to lens.
What’s in Your Camera Backpack? There are many key features when shooting with a DSLR camera. That’s the ultimate reason to own the DSLR, not the point-and-shoot camera.
The DSLR coffers a more flexible options as you develop photography skills and techniques. You shouldn’t buy all the accessories, but start with the best, must-have accessories.
The listed accessories and gear here are the essential kits in most photographers’ bag and backpack.