Got a new DSLR camera? For most beginners, having a DSLR camera with the best accessories is essential. The camera gives us the flexibility to add more gear to meet our demand. With the best camera kit, the technique for better photography is up to you. Please read my top best DSLR camera accessory kits you should have.
- A List of Top Best Accessories & Kits DSLR Camera in 2018
- 1. SmilePowo universal remote control Shutter Release
- 2. Tripod Head
- 3. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 67 mm
- 4. DSLR Camera Lenses
- 5. Best Camera Bag: HEX Raven DSLR Backpack
- 6. Lens and Sensor Cleaners: Polaroid Original Lenspen Cleaning Kit
- 7. Veatree 52mm Lens Hood Set
- 8. Best Camera Flashgun: Altura Photo Studio Pro Flash Kit
- 9. Flash diffuser
- 10. Manfrotto MKBFRC4-BH Befree Carbon Fiber Tripod with Ball Head
- 11. MindShift Gear House of Cards Memory Wallet for CF and SD Cards
- 12. Peak Design Black Slide Camera Strap SL-BK-3
- 13. Peak Design Capture Camera Clip V3
- Good to Know
A List of Top Best Accessories & Kits DSLR Camera in 2018
1. SmilePowo universal remote control Shutter Release
Camera shakes are photographers’ best enemy. A remote shutter release helps in avoiding the camera shakes. By using software such as Trigger trap dongles and Io shutter, allows using a personal smartphone to work as remote release. This small remote controller is not expensive, yet durable. It will work like a charm.
- Range is approximately 16 feet in front of camera
- Two second delay mode
- Slim wireless remote
2. Tripod Head
- Can be held at tight angles
- Load Capacity: 15lb /6.8kg
- Tripod Mount: 3/8″-16
3. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 67 mm
Filters are thin glass pieces that fit on front part of the camera just on front of the lens. Neutral density filters are most common since they have a longer exposure time. This means that you can take photos in hazy cloud or broad daylight.
- Ideal for outdoor photography
- Protects lens from dust, dirt, and scratches
- Helps eliminate bluish cast in images
4. DSLR Camera Lenses
That’s the ultimate reason to have a DSLR. Interchangeable. A DSLR camera has standard zoom lenses. These standard lenses have different focal length.
What are the best DSLR lenses to have? The answer is that it depends on what photography you specializes in. Read the following lists:
- Top 10 Best Nikon Lenses for Wildlife Photography
- Best Nikon DX Lenses
- Best Canon Lenses for Landscape
5. Best Camera Bag: HEX Raven DSLR Backpack
We travel a lot with our cameras, gears, and laptop. The best camera bag makes photographers easier to load the tripod, extra lenses, charging batteries etc.
What’s the best camera bag should I buy? Please see my lists:
6. Lens and Sensor Cleaners: Polaroid Original Lenspen Cleaning Kit
DSLR cameras have a cleaning mechanism. However, it is better a cleaning kit that includes swabs, sensor cleaning fluid, and soft lens cloth. Polaroid Original Lenspen Cleaning Kit comes with Lenspen & Mini Pro II for easy and effective cleaning. The pen does a superb job of cleaning the lenses.
7. Veatree 52mm Lens Hood Set
The Waka 3 Stages Collapsible Rubber Lens Hood fits the lens very nicely and it provides good protection from glare. The build quality is great and I like the flexibility to set the hood in a bunch of different configurations. I prefer to do less editing and protect my lenses.
8. Best Camera Flashgun: Altura Photo Studio Pro Flash Kit
Getting the right lighting is challenging. Some cameras do have a popup-flash. A cable operated or wireless connection flash gun? Manually operated flash guns are also an option if the photographers timing is accurate and money is saved while at it. Altura Photo Studio Pro Flash Kit has two camera flashes. It can be operated wirelessly as well as wired mode.
- 100 ft range
- Two protective punches
Need to buy the best flashgun this year? Here’s my list of the top 10 best camera flashes.
9. Flash diffuser
Flash diffusers are great for ensuring more natural lighting in photos. They remove the harsh white light. The SpinLight 360 is the best flash light control system for photographers. For professional wedding photographers, this flash diffuser alone has upped their game when it comes to low light conditions.
10. Manfrotto MKBFRC4-BH Befree Carbon Fiber Tripod with Ball Head
Made from carbon fiber, the compact design of this Manfrotto MKBFRC4-BH Befree is the best tripod for hiking and travel photographers who shoot landscape and wildlife scenes in the mountains.
- Weighs only 1.4 kg (3 lbs), and it’s 40 cm (15.7)
- Compact size, light weight
11. MindShift Gear House of Cards Memory Wallet for CF and SD Cards
- Removable tether clip attaches to belt, bag, or clothing
- For 6 CF & 3 SD memory cards
12. Peak Design Black Slide Camera Strap SL-BK-3
- Comfortable and functional
- Durable aluminum quick-adjuster handles
13. Peak Design Capture Camera Clip V3
- Allow for fast & easy lens changes
- Quick-release lock withstands over 200 lbs. of force
Good to Know
What are the best gear for DSLR photographers? Why professionals build their toolkit? What are essential accessories and gear in the camera bag?
The list must be long. But I simplified it by listing down only the must-have accessories:
Best Tripod for Travel?
A good tripod should compatible with almost all digital cameras, DSLRs, and camcorders with 1/4″ thread mounting. There are two kinds of tripods: good ones, and portable ones. The range of shooting provided by the tripod should wide for object high on ground and for those close to the ground.
What illuminates from the flash gun is important to capture the finest details. However, it can be too bright. So a plastic film-made flash diffuser can regulate amount of light.
A lens hood is a front element of the lens that prevents flare. It may not be included as a package when buying a camera. However, it’s a must-have kit. Make sure it fits well and it does not cause vignetting (corners of photos darkening).
Shoulder bags are the most preferred for an easy access. There are bags that double as a sling bag and as a backpack when convenient.
Filters come in different shapes i.e. round and square. Round filters fit by having screwed on front of the lens. They are bought for specific sizes of which they are easy to use for particular lens one is using. Square filters use different adapter rings to be attached to lens.
What’s in Your Camera Backpack?
There are many key features when shooting with a DSLR camera. That’s the ultimate reason to own the DSLR, not the point-and-shoot camera. The DSLR coffers a more flexible options as you develop photography skills and techniques. You shouldn’t buy all the accessories, but start with the best, must-have accessories. The listed accessories and gear here are the essential kits in most photographers’ bag and backpack.