Based on the importance of a rolling camera bag, it can only be compared to a portable studio on wheels. A roller camera bag is photographer’s travel companion. The roller camera bag, made to last, has larger carrying capacities and are able to take heavy loads off one’s back and also protect and secure the expensive gear of a photographer.
With the best rolling camera backpack, you’ll travel like a pro without having to worry about the camera and studio equipment in the hard case.
A List of Top 10 Best Rolling Camera Bags & Backpacks for Airline in 2019: Reviews
10. LowePro Pro Roller X200
The bag is able to store your gears through its secure, solid and, spacious and well-organized compartment. The LowePro Pro Roller X200 is ideal for those who are looking for a small rolling camera bag.
- Considering the quality the bag offers, its price is excellent
- A variety of small pockets for holding a variety of things including remotes and batteries
- Has a decent build quality
- One of the small rolling camera bags in this list
9. Pelican 1510-SC
- Great design for look and feel and amply padded compartments for various accessories
- Durable, value for money and protects your gears
- Wheels are super tough for comfortable and secure transport
- Air-tight sealing when the latches happens to be closed
- Heavy-rolling camera bag
8. Think Tank Photo Streetwalker Rolling Backpack V2.0
This rolling camera bag has backpack straps. Think Tank is one of the finest brands for camera bags, backpacks, and cases. I have no doubt to recommend this Think Tank Photo Streetwalker Rolling Backpack V2.0 if you’re looking for a rugged, solid rolling backpack that’s built to last.
- Hard-bodies, longer lasting and therefore more value for money
- Can also be carried as a backpack
- Comfortable straps and handles
- Enough space for most if not all of your gears
- Weatherproof cover
7. Ape Case ACPRO4000
The bag tends to look more youthful and it is still relatively new in the market. This is one of the best budget rolling camera bags in this review.
- Softer exterior which serves to lighten up the bag
- Plenty of space with thorough padding for accessories
- Ample storage space
- Lack of a decent tripod attachment option
- Soft exterior compromises the padding and toughness of the bag
6. ThinkTank Airport International 2.0
Despite being much smaller than the Lowepro, their weight is about the same. That does not do it any favor.
- High build quality and large size
- Quick access
- 3 lock mechanism
5. Tamrac 5797 Evolution Speed Roller Backpack
- Significantly lighter
- Nice length of the handle
- Robust wheels and tripods fits nicely
4. Think Tank Production Manager 50
- Numerous padded velcro dividers that allow you to organize and arrange in the case, your camera and lenses
- Durable and able to last longer when used for carrying lighting gears
- Custom shock-absorbing wheels, great to minimize the possible flipping of the bag when being pulled. You will be able to travel smoothly.
- Stands for the lid to remain open enabling quicker and easier removal of gear
3. Vanguard Xcenior 48T Trolley Case
- The case is well-padded for the safety and security of your gear
- Spacious enough to carry a number of items including 5-7 lenses,1-2 DSLRs and a flash unit
- Large wheels make it easier and safer for transportation
2. Neewer 2-in-1 Rolling Camera Backpack Trolley Case
This is the best convertible rolling camera backpack design from Neewer. This large size trolley case can accommodate a DSLR camera with standard lens attached, 15 inches laptop/tablet, 2-4 extra lenses, a flash unit and small accessories such as memory cards, cables, and multiple batteries.
- Waterproof nylon
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
1. Lowepro Pro Runner RL x450 AW II Rolling Backpack
- Allows for streamlined organization of gears
- Great design allowing for great movement
- Enough space for carrying a 15-inch laptop, 2 pro DSLRs with attached lenses, flashguns and 5-6 additional lenses among other accessories
- Limited storage capacity and hence you may be limited when you want to carry some other heavy gears
Good to Know
In choosing the best rolling camera bag for flight travel, there are a number of things that you have to consider. The amount of space, the protection offered, whether a sling or a backpack and the means of traveling.
For example, if you were to travel by airline, you must understand that different airlines have different restrictions in terms of weight. The other 2 important features to look for in a good rolling bag camera are durability and protective design.
Also, the best (built to last) roller camera bag must be strong with durable wheels that can load your DSLR cameras, gear, and accessories.
It is important that while the review serves to show the top 10 best rolling camera bags, I must admit that is always an impossible task. That is for the reason that it is hard to find one single bag that is better than others as our needs tend to differ, from one person to another.
I recommend that you that you choose the one with the strong and sturdy wheel with the right size (some prefer small rolling bag) to make your travel photography life easier. Feel safe wherever you travel with one of these best rolling camera bags you pick from my list!