Based on the importance of a rolling camera bag, it can only be compared to a portable studio on wheels. Rolling camera bags, ultimate travel companion, have larger carrying capacities and are able to take heavy loads off one’s back and also protect and secure the expensive gear of a photographer.
In choosing your rolling camera bags, there are a number of things that one has to consider. You have to consider the amount of space, the protection offered, whether a sling or a backpack and the means of traveling. For example, if you were to travel by airline, you must understand that different airlines have different restrictions in terms of weight.
Here are the top 10 best rolling camera bags
- 10. LowePro Pro Roller X200
- 9. Pelican 1510-SC
- 8. Think Tank Airport Takeoff V2.0 Rolling Backpack
- 7. Ape Case ACPRO4000
- 6. ThinkTank Airport International 2.0
- 5. Tamrac 5797 Evolution Speed Roller Backpack
- 4. Think Tank Production Manager 50
- 3. Vanguard Xcenior 48T Trolley Case
- 2. Lowepro Pro Roller x300 AW
- 1. Lowepro Pro Runner RL x450 AW II Rolling Backpack
- In conclusion
10. LowePro Pro Roller X200
The bag is able to store your gears through its secure, solid and, spacious and well-organized compartment.
- Considering the quality the bag offers, its price is excellent
- A variety of small pockets for holding a variety of things including remotes and batteries
- Has a decent build quality
- The capacity may be small for some photographers as a primary camera bag
- Due to the small size of the bag, some DSLR models may be in danger of not adequate protection
- Some complaints of the top handle ripping out attributed to weak stitching
9. Pelican 1510-SC
This is considered one of the most durable rolling camera bags available in the market.
- Great design for look and feel and amply padded compartments for various accessories
- Durable, value for money and protects your gears
- Wheels are super tough for comfortable and secure transport
- Air-tight sealing when the latches happens to be closed
- Heavy-rolling camera bag
8. Think Tank Airport Takeoff V2.0 Rolling Backpack
This rolling camera bag has backpack straps
- Hard-bodies, longer lasting and therefore more value for money
- Can also be carried as a backpack
- Comfortable straps and handles
- Enough space for most if not all of your gears
- Weatherproof cover
- Tripod/Monopod strap/cradle
- Extendable handle length may not be enough
- Carrying handle consider of less quality and thus less durable
7. Ape Case ACPRO4000
The bag tends to look more youthful and it is still relatively new in the market
- Lower price
- Softer exterior which serves to lighten up the bag
- Plenty of space with thorough padding for accessories
- Ample storage space
- Lack of a decent tripod attachment option
- Soft exterior compromises the padding and toughness of the bag
6. ThinkTank Airport International 2.0
Despite being much smaller than the Lowepro, their weight is about the same. That does not do it any favor.
- High build quality and large size
- Quick access
- 3 lock mechanism
- Bad for protection and security due to easy access
- Frustrating telescopic handle
5. Tamrac 5797 Evolution Speed Roller Backpack
Have 2 main distinct compartments, one situated on the front and other at the back.
- Significantly lighter
- Nice length of the handle
- Robust wheels and tripods fits nicely
- Small storage space
4. Think Tank Production Manager 50
This bag among the available rolling camera bags is considered best for lighting gear. You will be able to transport lighting gears securely and efficiently.
- Numerous padded velcro dividers that allow you to organize and arrange in the case, your camera and lenses
- Durable and able to last longer when used for carrying lighting gears
- Custom shock-absorbing wheels, great to minimize the possible flipping of the bag when being pulled. You will be able to travel smoothly.
- Stands for the lid to remain open enabling quicker and easier removal of gear
- Not great when you want to use it to pack smaller equipment
- Heavy hence portability is a problem
3. Vanguard Xcenior 48T Trolley Case
This rolling-bag is considered user-friendly.
- The case is well-padded for the safety and security of your gear
- Spacious enough to carry a number of items including 5-7 lenses,1-2 DSLRs and a flash unit
- Large wheels make it easier and safer for transportation
- Not great when you need more space for your gears
2. Lowepro Pro Roller x300 AW
This is one of another design of rolling camera bags released by Lowepro.
- To be able to store gear closely and efficiently, the rolling bag has adjustable dividers in a fitting structure.You are able to pack a 17-inch laptop,8-10 lenses and other assorted accessories
- Maxfit system ensuring the safety and security of all of your gear
- Revamped wheels for smooth transportation
- Small capacity may not be great for some photographers
1. Lowepro Pro Runner RL x450 AW II Rolling Backpack
Another product by Lowepro and it is a hybrid of backpack and roller.
- Allows for streamlined organization of gears through its great design allowing for great movement
- Enough space for carrying a 15-inch laptop,2 pro DSLRs with attached lenses,flashguns and 5-6 additional lenses among other accessories
- Limited storage capacity and hence you may be limited when you want to carry some other heavy gears
It is important that while the article serves to show some of the 10 best rolling camera bags, I must admit that is always an impossible task. That is for the reason that it is hard to find one single bag that is better than others as our needs tend to differ, from one person to another.
More reviews on SweetMemoryStore.com