Landscape photography is the most amazing things among travel photographers. In this list, you’ll find some of the best Canon lenses for landscape for beginners. For outdoor shooting, you need the right lenses for that particular purpose.
Magnificent mountains, beautiful rivers, lakes, and natural wonders you encounter during your travel make the best for landscape photographers.
A List of Top Best Canon Lenses for Landscape Photography in 2019: Reviews
1. Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM UD Standard Zoom Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras
If you want to gain the benefits of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques, this is the lens to buy. Overall, this is an ultimate kit upgrade.
- EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 24-136mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/36
- Perfect focal length range
- Excellent image quality, contrast
- Not very expensive
- Has great weather sealing
- Heavy weight (615 grams)
- Flares and ghosting
2. Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Lens
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range f/4 to f/32
- One Fluorite Element and Two UD Elements
- Super Spectra Coating
- Lightweight and compact design. Solid feel and construction
- Minimum ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality
- Fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance
- Not the best quality images you can capture when using the 200mm
3. Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens
If you’re planning to buy a Canon lens mainly for landscape and travel photography, the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens is one of the top choices. This lens is also perfect for indoors family pictures.
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Sharp from f/4 at all zoom range
- The contrast is beautiful and image sharpness is excellent
- Not as sharp as the 17-40 f4L
- A very slight bowing
4. Samyang SYDS14M-C VDSLR II 14mm T3.1 Wide-Angle Cine Lens for Canon EF Cameras
- Dual focusing scales, one on each side
- Full frame coverage
- Super multi-layer coating
5. Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift Manual Focusing Lens for EOS
- Adjustable lens shade
- Glare-free image quality
6. Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 Tilt Shift Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
You’ll want to take this TS-E 45mm lens with you when going on mountain adventures to add a twist to otherwise normal mountain landscapes. Its made of metal and all of the knobs. Overall, it’s a great focal length and good build quality. The only downsize is the lens is not zoomable.
- Very sharp
- Solid build quality
- Ideal for Canon camera with live view
7. Tamron 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD Zoom Lens for Canon EF Cameras
First and foremost, if you want to travel light, this Tamron 28-300mm is great for you with Canon DSLR cameras. Fast focus and sharpness, you’ll have a good time with this on your journey. With its price tag, it’s capapble of delivering greater performance than expected.
- Compact, lightweight
- High-power zoom for full-frame and APS-C DSLRs
8. Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens for Canon
One of the best lenses for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups, the Sigma 18-35mm is also great for video production. I really like how the lens can produce landscape blurs behind a sharp foreground subject. The only downsize is that it doesn’t have an optical stabilization or a wide range of focal lengths.
9. Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens for Canon EF
- Compact size
- Great image quality
10. Sigma 14mm f/1.8 Art DG HSM Lens (for Canon EOS Cameras)
The reason I recommend this Sigman 14mm lens for landscape photographers with Canon EOS cameras is its wide angle, extreme wide aperture, and sharpness. Without doubt, you can capture high quality night sky images.
- Stable performance even at lower speeds
- Great control of light streaking
Good to Know
In landscape photography, most Canon photographers invest in acquiring the top rated lenses for long term uses. The list above provides all the choices you can make when it comes to buying the best ultra-wide zoom lenses for your Canon full-frame DSLR camera. Enjoy more of your landscape photography with these selected lenses. In one of my reviews, I have a list of Nikon wide angle lenses for shooting landscape photos.
More Camera Lenses Reviews: