What is the best scanner for 35mm slides to digital?
In the past, there was no digital way to capture a photo. We had to preserve it. But as time passes by they are getting ha
That’s why we have to depend on having the best film to digital converter. In this list, I am going to give you some review on top best film to digital converters and film scanner and discuss their pros and cons.
The converter for film to digital should be:
- Automatic slide scanner
- Capable of converting 35mm film to digital in high quality format
- Standalone and easy to use
- A List of Top 15 Best Film to Digital Converters and Film Scanners in 2019
- 1. Wolverine 8mm super8 reels
- 2. Ivation 22MP Digital Film Scanner and Converter
- 3. Sharper image converter
- 4. Wolverine Titan 8-in-1 Converter
- 5. DigitNow
- 6. Wolverine F2D20 20MP Converter
- 7. Kodak Scanza Converter
- 8. Wolverine Data Snap100
- 9. Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner
- 10. Wolverine F2D Mighty
- 11. Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner
- 12. Plustek OpticFilm 8200i SE Film Scanner
- 13. Hasselblad Flextight X1 Scanner
- 14. Pacific Image PowerSlide X Automated 35mm Slide Scanner
- 15. Magnasonic All-In-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner
- Good to Know
A List of Top 15 Best Film to Digital Converters and Film Scanners in 2019
1. Wolverine 8mm super8 reels
It automatically saves the file in its memory card. though it needs an external 32GB memory card and quite expensive than regular ones.
2. Ivation 22MP Digital Film Scanner and Converter
It has even auto editor software to make the picture or video color more enhanced. You can even add color to the black and white pictures through it.
3. Sharper image converter
If you are low on budget then this is the perfect tool for you. Though it does not have any editing facilities. But, if you have a computer then you can adjust colors and brightness manually. but you are getting more than what you are paying
4. Wolverine Titan 8-in-1 Converter
If you are a film producer and want to make a copy of some of your past works then this is perfect for you.
Though it will cost quite a good amount of money, You will get high definition pictures and videos. Its auto editing feature is also much marvelous.
It will only cost you $29 but you will be connected easily through PC by USB cord and make copies of everything without a memory card.
It’s even quite easy to use and it has a user-friendly function.
6. Wolverine F2D20 20MP Converter
But with this, you don’t worry about it at all. it has 20 Megapixel converter system that will make your picture as good as well.
But you can use it for reel movies. and for only picture editing, you have to spend almost hundred dollars.
But for some good memories, we can spend that much, can’t we?
7. Kodak Scanza Converter
All you have to do is put the power cord in a power source and the film inside. and that’s it. you don’t even have to do anything else.
It will automatically copy everything to the memory card. so for newbies is the perfect kit.
8. Wolverine Data Snap100
Once charged you will be able to use it for copying 15 GB continuously.
9. Magnasonic All-in-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner
It has a unique user-friendly interface which can be used to edit photos right in the box. It even has 1 GB memory card build in it.
All your film photos will look like taken from DSLR with this little beast.
10. Wolverine F2D Mighty
You can use it from Mac PC or even with a tablet.
It takes less than 3 seconds to convert any pictures. so if you are all running late, then wait no more and grab it.
11. Epson Perfection V600 Color Photo, Image, Film, Negative & Document Scanner
- 6400 x 9600 dpi for enlargements up to 17″ x 22″
- Scan slides, negatives and medium-format panoramic film
- built-in Transparency Unit
12. Plustek OpticFilm 8200i SE Film Scanner
- Media Handling: 35mm Film
- Optical Resolution: 7200 dpi
- Color Depth: 48-Bit
- Scan Speeds: 36 secs. (3600dpi) / 113 secs. (7200dpi)
13. Hasselblad Flextight X1 Scanner
With an impressive 8000 dpi scanning resolution, a maximum scan speed of 300MB per minute for 16-bit, the Hasselblad Flextight X1 Scanner is a dream film scanner you can own.
- Easy to Use
- Up to 60 MB per minute
- The 3F file and workflow
- Batch scanning capabilities
14. Pacific Image PowerSlide X Automated 35mm Slide Scanner
This new scanner produces a quality image far superior to the previous model.
This is a one of the best film scanners that will save you time not having to manually scan each slide.
- 48-bit color depth
- 10,000 dpi resolution
15. Magnasonic All-In-One High Resolution 22MP Film Scanner
- Convert negative films into 22MP JPEG files
- Quick 5 second scanning
- Optional SD card (up to 32GB) as photo storage
Good to Know
We can remember our memorable and delightful memories by taking pictures of them. but there are two ways to print or save any photo. one is by film and another in a digital way like in CD, DVD’s or on the computer.
As the time passes by films gets faded and you will also need to keep them with extra care as they are quite sensitive to lights, dust,waters etc.
But we digital way you don’t have to worry about safekeeping. It’s a beauty. It’s a mysterious after taking each shot and we don’t know what the photographs look like until later.
Most photographers who have the film cameras have been through these feelings. It’s until the time we need to a film scanner that we can see our photography work.
Having the best film scanner makes life easier for photographers.
Film photographers always hope to make the process of digitizing films much easier and more convenient. This is where the best film scanners come in.
The list of the best film scanners above will give you a variety of choices of in term of prices and qualities.
It depends on your budget ranges when you have to decide which one to buy. After all, these selected film scanners are the best in the category you can buy.
If your past memories matter so much to you, wait no more and buy any of them as they will keep your memory more lively and will add a new color to your life.
Based on my research, conversations with photographers friends, and thorough tests, I created this list of the best film scanners to help you find the right one for yourself.