The best laptop for travel makes our life as a photographer more productive. We can do remote work remotely. Photo editing? That’s the purpose to have the portable computer.
The best computer laptops for travel photographers should be:
- thin and light with great battery life
- having brilliant 4K display
- great performance for photo and video editing
A List of the Best Laptops for Travel Photographers in 2018
1. HP ZBook Studio-G4 DreamColor
- 32GB RAM
- NVIDIA Quadro-M1200 graphic card with 4GB VRAM
- Edit large RAW photo files
- 15.6-inch 4k screen
2. 13-inch MacBook Pro with touchbar
For photographers looking for the latest brands, the 13-inch MacBook Pro with touchbar is a good choice. The main feature of this laptop is the touchbar with an OLED display. The Touchbar compliments Adobe Photoshop as it allows the user to make shortcuts for different functions. The downside, however, is that the laptop is a little costly.
- High quality screen with OLED display
- Made for photo editing purpose
- Touch-ID (helps with security)
3. Dell XPS 15
- 4K resolution display
- 1TB HDD; 512 GB SSD storage
4. ZenBook UX330UA
It is only fair that the list includes a cheap option. The ZenBook UX330UA is an affordable option for budget photographers. The maximum brightness of 315 nits making the laptop a great choice. Photographers can use the laptop in the outdoors for photo editing.
- The laptop’s battery life can run up to 12 hours in a single charge
- Small, lightweight, very portable
5. Microsoft Surface Book 2
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 is a good option for those photographers wanting their editing process to run issue free, as the laptop comes installed with a full version of Windows 10. Its most unique feature is the detachable screen that becomes a tablet. It may be smart for the photographer to separately buy a Microsoft surface pen to use with it.
- 3000 x 2000 resolution
- A laptop and tablet in one
6. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The flagship ThinkPad X1 Carbon gives most travel photographers the best combination of productivity, portability and performance. The all-day battery life and fast storage performance SSD hard drive make it the best, lightest laptop for travel. Overall, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon is unbelievably light, thin, and powerful.
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Display Screen Technology: In-plane Switching (IPS)
- Graphic: Intel UHD Graphics 620 LPDDR3
7. ASUS ZenBook 14 Thin and Light Laptop
- Anti-glare display with an ultra-wide 100% sRGB color gamut
- With micro HDMI/USB Type C, 802.11a/c WiFi, and SD Card Reader
Good to Know
Photography is no easy skill to master. Photographers go to extreme lengths and have to develop patience to capture stunning shots. The photos they take are then further complimented by the laptop they use.
With the best laptop for travel, photographers can maximize their productivity. While having the right laptop to use for frequent work like photo and video editing, we can also take advantage of the high performance machine for photo transfer and backup storage. This list was created with that in mind.