In studio photography, the best light stand is the essential equipment. It makes or break everything. Photographers need to have the tools for enough lighting for great photo quality. With enough lighting, you are bound to get a poor quality. In this list, you’ll find the best heavy duty light stands that I recommend.
The top best light stands should be:
- made from stainless steel or chrome plated
- heavy-duty for professional use
- A List of Top 12 Best Light Stands for Studio Photography in 2018
- 1. Ravelli ALS Cushioned Light Stand
- 2. PBL
- 3. Ravelli ABSL Video Backdrop
- 4. Ravelli ABS-Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit,with two Air Cushion stands
- 5. Cowboy-Studio Photography Light Stands
- 6. Cowboy-Studio Heavy Duty Cushioned Premium Black
- 7. Limo-Studio Top Quality
- 8. Light-stands-pro-heavy duty 7’6″ set of two
- 9. Lightdow-200W Photographic-Equipment
- 10. LimoStudio
- 11. StudioFX 400W
- Good to Know
A List of Top 12 Best Light Stands for Studio Photography in 2018
1. Ravelli ALS Cushioned Light Stand
- Adjustable to 10ft tall
- Designed to have an air cushioned shock so as to give smooth adjustments
- has reversible male-studio spigot adapter- to enable easy use of photographic accessories with 1/4ft and 3/8ft threads
- Made from metal locking collars
- Easy to carry-weigh less
- Strong and very stable
- Has a designed rubber tips on the legs
3. Ravelli ABSL Video Backdrop
- It moved up to 13ft-tall and 15ft-wide.
- has five 3ft cross-bars section in addition to 2 tripod stands
- It has air cushioned shocks
- It’s simple and easy to set up and disassemble.
4. Ravelli ABS-Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit,with two Air Cushion stands
- 2 tripods stands
- The tripod stands is equipped with cushioned shocks
5. Cowboy-Studio Photography Light Stands
If you are looking for a large light stands, you should consider this Cowboy-Studio. You can use this light stand with continuous light, backgrounds and flashlight. It provides more direct light above the subject
- Equipped with a black anodized aluminum finish
- Easy to assemble as well as disassemble
- Made of black aluminum alloy
6. Cowboy-Studio Heavy Duty Cushioned Premium Black
- Its 8 ft long thus giving a new dimension to strength
- It’s equipped with spring cushion technology
- Made from aluminum alloy
7. Limo-Studio Top Quality
- Equipped with a solid locking system
- Output umbrella flash strobe of high quality.
- 3 legs stages which are light
8. Light-stands-pro-heavy duty 7’6″ set of two
9. Lightdow-200W Photographic-Equipment
Perfect for studio video shooting, this light stand comes with its softbox. If you want to invest in great quality photography, then this is the best light stand for you. It also has a solid locking system to secure enough light.
- It has 3 legs stages
- Easy to build up and disassemble
- It has adjustable clamps
11. StudioFX 400W
Good to Know
Purposes of a light stand
- To support light fixtures’ weight
- To enable the light fixtures to operate to its fully designed potential.
- To quickly enable the positioning of the light fixtures in the 3D space set for shooting
- To maintain balance of the light fixture at all times.
- To enable other light stands to operate closer if needed
Lastly, the best light stand for most studio photographers should take up minimal space and safe to use. In addition, it should be easy to fold up for easy transportation and storage.
Before choosing your preferred light stands, it is essential to know its main purpose and advantages of the light stand. There are majorly two types of light stands which includes; a standard and heavy-duty. How to choose the best light stands? The key feature is a receiver, also known as an adapter by others. A good receiver should be long enough so as to hold all the fixtures you’ll want to use. To get a good result, lighting is an essential part in the whole process. That’s why having a light stand is essential.Disclaimer: All recommendations are impartial and based on user experience, with no bias to the products or the brand. The products in this post contain affiliate links which help support SweetMemoryStudio.com.