Top Best Light Stands for Wedding Photography (2021)
In studio and wedding photography, the best light stand is an essential equipment. It makes or break everything. Most professional photographers need to have the tool for enough lighting for great photo quality. In this list, you’ll find the top best light stands and on-camera video lights that I recommend. The right light stands (including heavy-duty) for speedlight and wedding photography should be:
- made from stainless steel or chrome plated
- heavy-duty for professional uses such as for in studio or wedding photography
A List of Top Best Light Stands for Wedding Photography (2021)
Manfrotto 1004BAC Master Stand
This lightweight light stand is easy to carry when travel. I highly recommend this Manfrotto light stand for travel and wedding photographers.
- Maximum height: 144.09 in
PBL Light Stands 10 Foot
PBL studio light stands are specially structured to provide a perfect height to add more light to your work.
- Made from metal locking collars
- Easy to carry-weigh less
- Strong and very stable
- Has a designed rubber tips on the legs
Safstar Pro Adjustable Reflector C-Stand with Grip Head for Photography Studio Video Reflector
It is very strong and stable to suit the heavy tasks involved in the photography industry. It is well designed to withstand all making it durable.
- Very stable with 3 legs
- Stainless steel for low maintenance
- Easy to fold
Ravelli ABS-Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit
Made from aluminum, this light stand is easy to install and disassemble.
- 2 tripods stands
- The tripod stands is equipped with cushioned shocks
Kupo 20″ Turtle Base Kit
If you shoot film and documentary, you should consider this Kupo 20″ Turtle Base Kit. Its spring ring locking system is easy to install and and take down.
- Strong, sturdy and safe rolling stand
- Made of black aluminum alloy
Cowboy-Studio Heavy Duty Cushioned Premium Black
For a less-expensive, lightweight, and stable stand that provide a stable support for a soft box, umbrella and even portable flash, go for this Cowboy-Studio.
- Its 8 ft long thus giving a new dimension to strength
- It’s equipped with spring cushion technology
- Made from aluminum alloy
Limo-Studio Top Quality
Based on its name, “Top Quality”, this light stand is very strong and stable making it to last for years. Perfect for studio video shooting, this light stand comes with its soft box. If you want to invest in great quality photography, then this is the best light stand for you. It also has a solid locking system to secure enough light.
- It has 3 legs stages
- Easy to build up and disassemble
- It has adjustable clamps
- Equipped with a solid locking system
- Output umbrella flash strobe of high quality.
- 3 legs stages which are light
Light stands pro heavy duty 7’6″ set of two
This lamp stand can also be used for soft box. For those of you who want to make videos that use your soft box you can buy this light stand.
Lightdow 200W Photographic Equipment
This light stand is very simple and very small form. The shape is small but this lamp stand is very interesting for use. The lamp stand is not easy to fall even though the shape looks small.
This lamp stand has a really good effect to use. The effect of the lamp stand is very simple but solid feel is not easy to fall and can be used mini soft box.
Matthews 40″ Hollywood C+ Stand with Turtle Base
The Matthews light stand was designed mainly for motion picture, television, or even photography professionals in lighting.
- Dimensions: 4 x 20 x 55 inch
- Welded for maximum strength and lighter weight
- Fast, efficient and safe tightening
VILTROX video lighting kit
The lighting is amazing! The Viltrox is adjustable, lightweight and great performance value.
- Aluminum alloy
- Newest LED honeycomb design
Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-color 660 LED Video Light and Stand Kit
One of Amazon’s top rated video light stands, there’s no doubt that this Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-color will be your must-have kit for shooting wedding photos and videos.
- With 330 White and 330 Yellow LED long lasting bulb
- Made of excellent quality aluminum alloy
- Best value for the money
Good to Know
Why photographers and filmmakers need the best light stand?
- To support light fixtures’ weight
- To enable the light fixtures to operate to its fully designed potential.
- To quickly enable the positioning of the light fixtures in the 3D space set for shooting
- To maintain balance of the light fixture at all times.
- To enable other light stands to operate closer if needed
Before choosing your preferred light stands, it is essential to know its main purpose and advantages of the light stand. There are majorly two types of light stands which includes; a standard and heavy-duty. How to choose the best light stands?
The key feature is a receiver, also known as an adapter by others. A good receiver should be long enough so as to hold all the fixtures you’ll want to use. To get a good result, lighting is an essential part in the whole process. That’s why having a light stand is essential, especially for outdoor, studio, and wedding photography. Lastly, the best light stand for most studio photographers should take up minimal space and safe to use. In addition, it should be easy to fold up for easy transportation and storage.