Top Best Light Stands for Wedding Photography in 2019
In studio and wedding photography, the best light stand is an essential equipment. It makes or break everything. Most professional photographers need to have the tool for enough lighting for great photo quality. In this list, you’ll find the top best light stands and on-camera video lights that I recommend. The right light stands (including heavy-duty) for speedlight and wedding photography should be:
- made from stainless steel or chrome plated
- heavy-duty for professional uses such as for in studio or wedding photography
A List of Top Best Light Stands for Speedlight in 2019
1. Manfrotto 1004BAC Master Stand
This lightweight light stand is easy to carry when travel. I highly recommend this Manfrotto light stand for travel and wedding photographers.
- Maximum height: 144.09 in
2. PBL Light Stands 10 Foot
- Made from metal locking collars
- Easy to carry-weigh less
- Strong and very stable
- Has a designed rubber tips on the legs
3. Safstar Pro Adjustable Reflector C-Stand with Grip Head for Photography Studio Video Reflector
- Very stable with 3 legs
- Stainless steel for low maintenance
- Easy to fold
4. Ravelli ABS-Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit,with two Air Cushion stands
- 2 tripods stands
- The tripod stands is equipped with cushioned shocks
5. Kupo 20″ Turtle Base Kit (Stand, 2.5″ Grip Head & 20″ Grip Arm with Hex Stud)
- Strong, sturdy and safe rolling stand
- Made of black aluminum alloy
6. Cowboy-Studio Heavy Duty Cushioned Premium Black
- Its 8 ft long thus giving a new dimension to strength
- It’s equipped with spring cushion technology
- Made from aluminum alloy
7. Limo-Studio Top Quality
- Equipped with a solid locking system
- Output umbrella flash strobe of high quality.
- 3 legs stages which are light
8. Light-stands-pro-heavy duty 7’6″ set of two
9. Lightdow-200W Photographic-Equipment
Perfect for studio video shooting, this light stand comes with its softbox. If you want to invest in great quality photography, then this is the best light stand for you. It also has a solid locking system to secure enough light.
- It has 3 legs stages
- Easy to build up and disassemble
- It has adjustable clamps
11. StudioFX 400W
12. Matthews 40″ Hollywood C+ Stand with Turtle Base
- Dimensions: 4 x 20 x 55 in
- Welded for maximum strength and lighter weight
- Fast, efficient and safe tightening
13. VILTROX video lighting kit
- Aluminum alloy
- Newest LED honeycomb design
14. Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-color 660 LED Video Light and Stand Kit
- With 330 White and 330 Yellow LED long lasting bulb
- Made of excellent quality aluminum alloy
- Best value for the money
Good to Know
Why photographers and filmmakers need the best light stand?
- To support light fixtures’ weight
- To enable the light fixtures to operate to its fully designed potential.
- To quickly enable the positioning of the light fixtures in the 3D space set for shooting
- To maintain balance of the light fixture at all times.
- To enable other light stands to operate closer if needed
Before choosing your preferred light stands, it is essential to know its main purpose and advantages of the light stand. There are majorly two types of light stands which includes; a standard and heavy-duty. How to choose the best light stands?
The key feature is a receiver, also known as an adapter by others. A good receiver should be long enough so as to hold all the fixtures you’ll want to use. To get a good result, lighting is an essential part in the whole process. That’s why having a light stand is essential, especially for outdoor, studio, and wedding photography. Lastly, the best light stand for most studio photographers should take up minimal space and safe to use. In addition, it should be easy to fold up for easy transportation and storage.