The Best Light Stands for Wedding Photography
a good light stand is an essential piece of equipment for any photographer, especially those who shoot in studio or wedding settings. A good light stand will provide the support and stability needed to hold your lights in place, even when they’re loaded with heavy modifiers or softboxes. It will also allow you to position your lights exactly where you need them, so you can create the perfect lighting for your subject.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a light stand:
- Weight capacity: The weight capacity of the light stand is important, especially if you plan on using heavy lights or modifiers. Look for a stand that can support at least twice the weight of your heaviest light.
- Height: The height of the light stand is also important, as you’ll need to be able to position your lights at different heights to create different lighting effects. Look for a stand that can extend to at least 6 feet tall.
- Stability: A stable light stand is essential, as you don’t want your lights to wobble or fall over when you’re shooting. Look for a stand with a wide base and a sturdy construction.
- Portability: If you plan on transporting your light stand frequently, look for one that’s lightweight and easy to fold up.
Here are a few of the best light stands for studio and wedding photography:
- Manfrotto 055XPROB Aluminum Light Stand: This is a heavy-duty light stand that can support up to 33 pounds. It’s made of aluminum and has a telescoping column that extends to 6.5 feet. The 055XPROB is a great choice for photographers who need a stable and reliable light stand.
- Impact Q520Q Collapsible Light Stand: This is a lightweight and portable light stand that can support up to 11 pounds. It’s made of carbon fiber and has a telescoping column that extends to 6 feet. The Q520Q is a great choice for photographers who need a light stand that’s easy to transport.
- Neewer Heavy Duty Light Stand: This is a budget-friendly light stand that can support up to 26 pounds. It’s made of steel and has a telescoping column that extends to 7 feet. The Neewer Heavy Duty Light Stand is a great choice for photographers who are on a budget.
No matter what your budget or needs are, there’s a light stand out there that’s perfect for you. So if you’re looking for a way to improve the quality of your photography, a light stand is a great investment.
A List of Top Best Light Stands for Wedding Photography
Manfrotto 1004BAC Master Stand
This lightweight light stand is easy to carry when travel. I highly recommend this Manfrotto light stand for travel and wedding photographers.
- Maximum height: 144.09 in
PBL Light Stands 10 Foot
PBL studio light stands are specially structured to provide a perfect height to add more light to your work.
- Made from metal locking collars
- Easy to carry-weigh less
- Strong and very stable
- Has a designed rubber tips on the legs
Safstar Pro Adjustable Reflector C-Stand with Grip Head for Photography Studio Video Reflector
It is very strong and stable to suit the heavy tasks involved in the photography industry. It is well designed to withstand all making it durable.
- Very stable with 3 legs
- Stainless steel for low maintenance
- Easy to fold
Ravelli ABS-Photo Video Backdrop Stand Kit
Made from aluminum, this light stand is easy to install and disassemble.
- 2 tripods stands
- The tripod stands is equipped with cushioned shocks
Kupo 20″ Turtle Base Kit
If you shoot film and documentary, you should consider this Kupo 20″ Turtle Base Kit. Its spring ring locking system is easy to install and and take down.
- Strong, sturdy and safe rolling stand
- Made of black aluminum alloy
Cowboy-Studio Heavy Duty Cushioned Premium Black
For a less-expensive, lightweight, and stable stand that provide a stable support for a soft box, umbrella and even portable flash, go for this Cowboy-Studio.
- Its 8 ft long thus giving a new dimension to strength
- It’s equipped with spring cushion technology
- Made from aluminum alloy
Limo-Studio Top Quality
Based on its name, “Top Quality”, this light stand is very strong and stable making it to last for years. Perfect for studio video shooting, this light stand comes with its soft box. If you want to invest in great quality photography, then this is the best light stand for you. It also has a solid locking system to secure enough light.
- It has 3 legs stages
- Easy to build up and disassemble
- It has adjustable clamps
- Equipped with a solid locking system
- Output umbrella flash strobe of high quality.
- 3 legs stages which are light
Light stands pro heavy duty 7’6″ set of two
This lamp stand can also be used for soft box. For those of you who want to make videos that use your soft box you can buy this light stand.
Lightdow 200W Photographic Equipment
This light stand is very simple and very small form. The shape is small but this lamp stand is very interesting for use. The lamp stand is not easy to fall even though the shape looks small.
This lamp stand has a really good effect to use. The effect of the lamp stand is very simple but solid feel is not easy to fall and can be used mini soft box.
Matthews 40″ Hollywood C+ Stand with Turtle Base
The Matthews light stand was designed mainly for motion picture, television, or even photography professionals in lighting.
- Dimensions: 4 x 20 x 55 inch
- Welded for maximum strength and lighter weight
- Fast, efficient and safe tightening
VILTROX video lighting kit
The lighting is amazing! The Viltrox is adjustable, lightweight and great performance value.
- Aluminum alloy
- Newest LED honeycomb design
Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-color 660 LED Video Light and Stand Kit
One of Amazon’s top rated video light stands, there’s no doubt that this Neewer 2 Pieces Bi-color will be your must-have kit for shooting wedding photos and videos.
- With 330 White and 330 Yellow LED long lasting bulb
- Made of excellent quality aluminum alloy
- Best value for the money