Best Photography Books for Beginners (2019)
Great photographers will tell you that they never stop learning and experimenting. Digital and drone photography continues to evolve. New techniques and creativity will keep us shooting better photographs. In this list, you’ll find my selection of must-read books on photography and drone photography. Whether you’re a wedding, street, portrait, wildlife, or sport photographer, you’ll find this list easier to get DSLR camera books for beginners to read.
A List of Top Best Drone and Photography Books for Photographers to Read
1. Doug Box’s Guide to Posing for Portrait Photographers
2. Monte Zucker’s Portrait Photography Handbook
This book was written by the Portrait Photographer of the Year by the United Nations. If you’re into portrait photography, then this is a must-read book for you. What you’ll learn is the principals of shooting perfect portrait photographs.
3. Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs
4. LIFE Guide to Digital Photography: Everything You Need to Shoot Like the Pros
5. Light Science & Magic: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting
Understanding the concept and importance of lighting in photography is everything to begin with. As many must-read books may not cover in-depth the fundamental of light, this is a dedicated book on this subject.
6. Mastering Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO and Exposure: How They Interact and Affect Each Other
7. DSLR Photography for Beginners: Take 10 Times Better Pictures in 48 Hours or Less!
This is another best photography for beginners who want to improve their DSLR photography skills. You’ll be fascinated by how the book will walk you through the basic steps to start shooting better photographs.
8. Photography for Real Estate Interiors: How to take and create impressive interior photos (Real Estate Photography)
I recommend this book as some of you want to delve into this real estate and interior photography. It’s the best book for real estate beginners. With this book, you’ll learn several new techniques to apply to your workflow. The author’s experience, ideas, techniques are all found in this book.
9. Photography Demystified: Your Guide to Gaining Creative Control and Taking Amazing Photographs!
One great thing about this book, unlike many others, is that it’s easy to under even technically challenged topics. Overall, this is a must-read photography guide book for all photographers, beginners and professionals.
10. The Soul of the Camera: The Photographer’s Place in Picture-Making
The Soul of the Camera book gives you one single answer that’s essential for those who love photography. Why are we doing photography? Every chapter is thought provoking to help you master the craft of photography.
11. Complete Digital Photography
This book by Ben Long covers everything from A to Z of digital photography, from basic shooting to producing end products, post-production and printing. This Complete Digital Photography will also help you learn about how a camera works and how to choose the best camera.
A List of the Must-Read Drone Photography Books
We learn by doing when we start to fly drone for amazing photo shots from the sky. Drone photography or aerial photography gives photographer a whole new angle of the subject and landscape we want to capture. It’s now possible to command the drone to high altitudes for taking photographs. With the increasing use of drone, there is also the need and urge to master this new skill. In this list, you’ll find the best aerial photography books to learn more techniques.
1. The Handbook of Drone Photography: A Complete Guide to the New Art of Do-It-Yourself Aerial Photography
Drones can bring in art that has never been seen before. I bought this book to help me see the art that I couldn’t get by myself. I always wanted to see things at a high altitude. I read the book for a few minutes. It immediately taught me the techniques I can used to get different types of shots. I needed a book to give me basic education on it. I just got a drone a couple weeks ago. My dad got it for me for my birthday.
I took the drone out a few times and tried some of the techniques the books mentioned. The booklet I see on hands-on effect. The book taught me how to rotate the machine and spin it in directions to get some insane shots.
- Best for beginners
2. The Photographer’s Guide to Drones
The directions need to add some techniques for using drones in the air. I am not looking for a book about editing photos. I been training for 3 years in film and I am an expert in film. I want to secretly be a director.
- Good book for people who want to look at some shots and learn how to edit
3. Aerial Photography and Videography Using Drones
This can be tricky and you do not want to break it. You need to know how to do the exercises so you don’t bring the thing. These drones are expensive you know.
- Best book for beginners
4. The Delightful World of Quadcopters and Drones: 28 Original Uses for Reformation and Business
- Include nice photos
5. Quadcopter and Drone Photography: How to Bring Your Photography or Videography to the Next Level
This book is very helpful. The author gives us his personal experience. He wants the reader to know what he did and what worked. He also lists some information about different drones and their strengths.
He goes into detail and tries to tell the reader everything they need to know. He will try to educate the reader on the best way to pilot a drone. A very useful book.
6. Overview: A New Perspective of Earth
I love the title, and this book is all about that, which provides us a g breathtaking photography collection of stunning satellite images of Earth’s surface. Basically, this will help you to master use your small device like drone to capture from that perspective.
7. Drones (The Ultimate Guide): How they work, learning to fly, how to fly, building your own drone, buying a drone, how to shoot photos
8. Above the World: Earth Through A Drone’s Eye
9. Dronescapes: The New Aerial Photography from Dronestagram
The book will give you a whole new perspective as humans to be able to capture the beauty of things.
10. Drones for Conservation – Field Guide for Photographers, Researchers, Conservationists and Archaeologists
Good to Know
The best way to learn how use and master drone photography is by doing. With these must-read books, you’ll be able to perform better with your drone photography techniques. As a beginner or professional photographer, it doesn’t hurt to learn more. The easiest way to start is by having a camera. However, with a good photography book, you’ll be able to discover more techniques and gain insights to improve your photography skill.
This list of the best photography books is my work of research to share with you.