Top 10 Best Portable Photo Booth Printers in 2019
Searching for a top rate photo booth printer for your new business? There are several types of portable photo booth printers to consider: wireless, economy, performance, color accuracy, paper sizes, and dual media support. Overall, a top rated photo booth printer should provide high quality prints and is easy to use, especially with an iPad. After spending hours on research, discussions, and tests, here’s a list of the best photo booth printers for small business owners and event photographers.
A List of Top 10 Best Portable Printers for Photo Booth Business in 2019
1. HiTi P525L Roll Photo Printer – Bundle with HiTi 4×6 Media
Top of the list is HiTi P525L Roll Photo Printer, which is the best for on-site photo booth and event photograph. It’s not designed for use in a quiet home. The HiTi photo booth printer features the integrated mono-LCD and five hard-keys to monitor the status of printing jobs.
- Best for heavy duty jobs
- Compact and high speed printing
- Not ideal with iPad
2. DNP DS-Tmini 10.1″ Kiosk Order Terminal – Bundle DS620A Dye Sub Professional Photo Printer
The great thing about the DNP DS-Tmini printer is you can print panoramic (up to 8×32″) photographs, double sided prints, and even photo books. The bundle will help most people to start a photo print business. Overall, this is a great investment for most businesses.
- Comes with a USB Cable, 2 side panels, and a WiFi router
- Great build quality
3. Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S Eco-Value Dye-Sub Photo Printer
- High Resolution: Reproduce smooth edges and natural images at 300DPI
- Print Resolution: 300 x 300 dpi
- Print Sizes: 2 x 6″ to 6 x 8″
- Ink Rewind & Rollback
- 96% less Standby-energy
- Slow printing
4. DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS 6″ Dye Sublimation
- Energy efficiency: 25% less power
- Portable: 30 pounds
- Fast and accurate
- Needs extra care when moving (especially the foam head protector)
5. Mitsubishi Compact Digital Dye Sublimation Thermal Photo Printer
For heavy printing jobs, you should consider getting this Mitsubishi Compact Digital Dye Sublimation Thermal Photo Printer. Either you want to use it in or studio or at a photo booth, you’d be impressed by the 6 seconds per 4″ x 6″ print.
- Dust-proof housing design
- Advanced cooling system
- Very fast printing
6. Fujifilm Ask 300 Quick Print Station Dye-Sublimation Digital Printer System
- High quality photo print
- Compact size: 275(W) x 446(D) x 445(H) mm (10.8 x 17.6 x 17.5 inches)
- Formats: standard, ID and template-ready photo formats
- Not very heavy duty
7. DNP DS-RX1HS Photo Printer
- Best portable event photography use
- Weighing only 30 lbs
- Good price and value for the bundle
- Speed: average
8. DNP IDW500 Passport and ID Photo Solution Set
- Printer, camera, monitor and Air Card all included
9. Primera Impressa IP60 Photo Printer for Photo Booths, Events & Professional Photographers
A portable, lightweight yet professional quality printer for event photographers, this is a dream for every event photographer. That’s why I have to feature this Primera Impressa printer in this review.
- Great photo quality
- Print resolution: 1200 x 4800 dpi
- Print sizes: single 2×6, 4×6, 6×6, 6×8, 6×12, 6×24
- Weight: 7lbs
- Not so cheap
10. Sinfonia CS2 Photo Printer for Photo Booths
This booth printer set from Sinfonia comes with a rolling carrying case and a box media containing two rolls of paper and two ribbons. It’s ideal for business owners who offer photo booth applications.
- Easy to use
- 4″x6″ into two 2″x6″ strips
- A 3-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty or 20.000 prints
- Not built to last
Good to Know
What to avoid: experienced photo booth business owners will not use inkjet photo printers, which serves as another purpose. The other key factor to consider is investing in a photo booth printer that you can use with any media types, not just from that manufacturer. The advantage of having a portable photo booth printer is not to spend frequent times on changing the ink and papers. Therefore, in this review I highly recommend DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS 6″ Dye Sublimation for all new photo business owners and event photographers.
Of all self-service photo printing services, photo kiosks or photo booth printers are popular and capable of performing the heavy duty jobs. The above list features professional brand printers like Kodak, DNP, HiTi, and Mitsubishi photo kiosks and printer media.