Top 10 Best Motorized Camera Sliders for Time-lapse and DSLR Video in 2019: Reviews
What’s the best equipment to use to capture live motion and time-lapse shots? A specialized gear like a camera slider is a great solution for both time-lapse photography and DSLR video production. The best DSLR camera slider can adapt to your photo and video shooting. What to look for when buying a slider? After my extensive research and testing, this is a list of the best products you can check out. A top rated DSLR camera slider for time-lapse should be:
- light and portable and for travel
- great for both horizontal and vertical shooting
- easy to capture time-lapse motion videos
In this review, I hand-picked the best camera sliders for you that can even turn an average shot into a cinematic marvel.
A List of Top 10 Best Motorized DSLR Camera Sliders in 2019
1. Zecti 15.7” Portable Carbon Fiber Camera Slider
I conclude that the Zecti portable slider is the best cheap for under $50. Yet, it’s solid and durable. Made from high quality materials, it also comes with a scratch-resistant carrying bag for travel
- Made from Carbon Fiber and Aluminum Alloy
- Load: 5kg
- Smooth and quiet operation
- Flexible and easy to use
- Good value for the money
- Quality materials: average, not premium
2. Neewer Aluminium alloy camera track slider
- It has fold-able legs
- Can be adjusted from 8.5 centimeters to 10 centimeters
- 4 threaded holes
- Strong and sturdy
- Precision smoothness: issue
3. Grip Gear Electronic Camera Slider & 360° Panoramic Time Lapse Head for Camera Motion Control
With this Grip Gear, you can operate vertically and upside down. If you shoot 4K video and photos for Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, or Instagram, this is the best compact camera slider (world’s smallest) you should have.
- Extendible track
- Easy to setup
- Top speed is too slow: not fast enough for some shots
- Not quite sturdy for heavy camera
- Remote: average
4. Neewer 23.6 Aluminium alloy camera track slider
It has 4 u shaped ball bearings that are located under the slider. These ball bearings make sure that minimum abrasion and smooth motion of the Aluminium alloy tubes (aluminium). The main difference between this rail and Neewer Aluminium alloy camera track slider is the track length.
- Fold-able legs
- Can be adjusted from 8.5 centimetres to 10 centimetres
- Something between the glider and the tripod head is is annoying
5. Motorized Camera Slider Dolly Track
- Slider is motorized
- Smooth and stable
- Auto tracking feature
- Not cheap
6. Rhino Camera Gear Ultimate Slider Bundle
- Steel 42″ Rails with 50 lb Load Capacity
- Stainless steel rails
- Carbon fiber rails
- upgrade to motorized system
- No memory to save setups
7. “31” Motorized Camera Slider Video Track Dolly DSLR Stabilizer
- Made from Carbon fiber alloy
- for DSLR from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Pentax, Gopro, Fuji, and more
- Good value for the money
- Not built to last
8. Shark Slider S1 Special Bundle
A modular slider, the Shark S1 is ideal for professional videography work. Expecting perfect smooth sliding shots? Well-built. The carbon fiber rails offer great stability. You have to get this slider.
- 15 pound payload capacity
- Multi-position adjustable legs
- Good customer service
- Need 2 solid tripods to make it strong and sturdy
9. Kamerar 31” Fluid Motion Video Slider
- Stainless steel flywheel
- Precise control over movement
- Poor quality carrying bag
- Need to use with super strong tripod
10. Konova Slider Jib Full Set
- 8 steel roller bearings
- Smart Head for motion shots
- Very strong, sturdy, and stable
- Poor instruction
- Poor instructions on how to assemble
Good to Know
Not enough? Here’s an extra that I should include in this review:
- Multi-level Adjustment
- 120 degrees Panorama
- Material: Light carbon fiber
However, if you want a small camera slider that you can carry with you for travel, I would definitely recommend Zecti 15.7” Portable Carbon Fiber Camera Slider. It is robust, smooth, and rigid. It’ll perform better than your expectation! Pack-ability! Relatively light weight! High quality materials! What’s else can you ask for the best slider with this price tag?
Motorized or manual when it comes to choosing your first best motorized camera slider for DSLR and time-lapse? The automated slider makes it easier for difficult panning shots. Stop feeling so overwhelmed, be more productive.
If you’re looking for the best way to mobilize your video camera, all you need is a high quality camera slider. This camera equipment gives a good solution for filmmakers and cinematographers who demand silky smooth camera dolly shots.
When shooting outdoors, backpacking, and kayaking, the best portable camera slider is an advantage for for most videographers. The good motorized slider should pairs well with a good fluid video head. A Yuengteng head (highly recommended) will adds a lot of capability to this most sliders.
All in all, you should also consider quality of materials used. The rods should be made of carbon fiber material, and the adjustable feet have anti-slide rubber feet with knurled aluminum stops.
With the best motorized DSLR camera slider, you can add a camera crew like element to the video production. Amazing!