Being a travel photographer who captures the best stunning shots requires more than just the camera and gear. During our outdoor photography, there are times that we’ll be limited by the unexpected weather. Keeping all this in mind and with an aim to lessen the burden further, I bring you the best rain jackets for most photographers.
- A List of the Best Rain Jackets for Travel Photographers in 2018
- 1. Matin Rain Wind Jacket for Professional Photographers
- 2. SWISSWELL Rain jacket for Men Waterproof Hooded Rainwear
- 3. Mountain Warehouse Pakka Mens Packable Jacket
- 4. Marmot Minimalist Men’s Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket
- 5. Fit Rite Men’s Nylon Hooded Waterproof Rain Jacket
- 6. FISOUL Raincoats Waterproof Lightweight Active Long Outdoor Hooded Mens Rain Jacket
- Good to Know
A List of the Best Rain Jackets for Travel Photographers in 2018
1. Matin Rain Wind Jacket for Professional Photographers
A completely sealed, water-proof rain jacket, the Matin Rain Wind Jacket is robust enough to save you and your camera lens from a torrential downpour or a storm. You must have this jacket while you are in the remote area and trying to click your problems away. It is comfortable as there are ventilation holes to avoid suffocation. A mesh bag will keep the jacket in good condition for more usages.
- A three-fourth body coverage
- A transparent lid and a hood
2. SWISSWELL Rain jacket for Men Waterproof Hooded Rainwear
It comes at an affordable price with so many benefits to offer. It is the best companion to have along with you for the rainy season. With an inner mesh-work, it will stay dry even in the heavy rainy days. The mesh-work leaves you with no moisture. Thereby, it will give your skin the facility to breathe properly.
- A 100% polyester jacket
- Easy to pack
3. Mountain Warehouse Pakka Mens Packable Jacket
This jacket is another ideal choice for most photographers in the rainy season as well as in the low-light conditions. It comes with a feature of reflective piping, aiding in your visibility to your peers to trace the path you are taking.
- 100% Nylon
- Water-proof your body
- Easy to carry wherever you go
4. Marmot Minimalist Men’s Lightweight Waterproof Rain Jacket
Featuring Pitzips, the jacket regulates the body temperature by increasing the air-flow. It is available in different colors and sizes.
- Made of 100% polyester
- Water resistant
5. Fit Rite Men’s Nylon Hooded Waterproof Rain Jacket
Available at an affordable price, the Fit Rite Men’s Nylon Hooded Waterproof Rain Jacket offers convenience at its best with light weighted feature and the facility to carry it anywhere you go. It’s also a must to have rain jacket for travel photographers. You won’t be disappointed even in the extreme weather conditions.
- A 100% Nylon
- Full coverage of the body with two inside pockets
6. FISOUL Raincoats Waterproof Lightweight Active Long Outdoor Hooded Mens Rain Jacket
- 98% Terylene, 2% Polyester
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Machine washable
Good to Know
For most travel photographers, we usually face the unexpected weather. Just like a good rain cover for our cameras for shooting in the rain or storm, having the best jacket is essential for our hiking or trip abroad. As I’ve experienced this many times myself with my other photographer friends, I make this list to help you find the right rain jacket for you. With a series of research and an agenda to meet all the requirements to make the life of photographers a hassle-free, the following is my best recommendations.
Let’s be honest, we all have no idea what all it takes to have a great picture. Well, to say the least, there is definitely a story behind each one of them. The life of a photographer is no less than any other profession full of complexities.
Be it the conditions as harsh as hot springs or cold as the south pole; their passion is unbeatable. Indeed, there is a different version of this world that they can see and is only visible through their camera lens. Talking about the camera lens, it is like a baby to the photographers. Keeping it scratch less, dust free, away from the water and always ensuring the best of conditions for it, it is a pain that every photographer goes through. By being there at the right moment for photos is what makes us very proud of our work. In case you are a photographer and is somehow on this page, you owe me a big time.