Shopping for Black Friday and Cyber Monday? I help most photographers to buy the best gadgets and camera accessories.
What to buy for a good friend who is a photographer? Most of us have friends and loved ones who are amateur or professional photographers.
They travel to far places and come back home with beautiful photographs to share with us. If you’re looking for perfect gift ideas for photographers, please read on to find out my selection of the best gifts to buy.
After spending weeks on my research this year, I can come up with this list of top best gifts (including cheap ones) for most photographers.
- A List of Top Best Gifts for Photographers in 2019
- 1. The All-New Fire TV
- 2. BESTTRENDY Neck Strap for DSLR Camera
- 3. Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
- 4. SanDisk Extreme PRO SD memory card
- 5. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
- 6. Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35 Backpack
- 7. Aquapac Waterproof DSLR Case
- 8. The Handy Dandy Hand Strap
- 9. DJI Spark mini drone
- 10. Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera
- 11. GoSky Cell Phone Adapter Mount
- 12. Adobe Photoshop
- 13. IKEA Picture and frame, planet earth gray/white
- 14. IKEA Aluminum Frame
- 15. Think Tank Photo Cable Management 10 V2.0
- 16. JOBY GorillaPod 5K Kit. Professional Tripod
- 17. ONA – The Prince Street – Camera Messenger Bag
- 18. DJI Ronin-S Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- 19. Nicole Elliott Camera Sling Strap by BLACKRAPID
- Good to Know
A List of Top Best Gifts for Photographers in 2019
1. The All-New Fire TV
How about giving your loved one a media stream device or player, so that he or she can view the beautiful pictures on the large screen television?
With this small device, it’s possible to do more with Alexa by playing music, ordering a pizza, and controlling compatible lights and other smart home devices—just ask.
2. BESTTRENDY Neck Strap for DSLR Camera
Nothing better than giving this camera strap as a gift. In my previous review, I also included this Besttrendy neck camera strap in the top 10 best camera straps.
This camera strap is compatible with with whatever type of camera. It will quickly catch the eyes of everyone. The design is so pretty and really stands out.Comfortable to wear also.
It doesn’t rub against my neck all weird like some other straps I’ve gotten have.
3. Nikon D850 DSLR Camera
The Nikon DSLR camera is the best for wildlife photographers. It’s also considered one of the best gifts for most professional photographers. You can also read my full review of the Nikon D850 DSLR camera here. The full-frame 45,7MP image sensor is one of the things I like about the camera.
4. SanDisk Extreme PRO SD memory card
The best DSLR without a reliable, high speed memory card is not enough. Any photographer will tell you that at the heart of the machine that captures light is the ability to store it. I recommend SanDisk Extreme Pro SD memory card because it’s the top-notch product available. This 256GB SD card is more than enough for high resolution photos and video clips.
5. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
A favorite of many photographers, a camera trip like Vanguard Alta Pro is one of the best gifts to give. This tripod is light yet solid, which is good for travelers and photographers.
6. Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35 Backpack
You can consider this Manfrotto backpack as a Camera Protection System. A waterproof camera bag is ideal for anyone. This camera bag can hold a DSLR camera, two lenses, some accessories and a tripod. There are 4 carrying positions, a quick draw side access, and one hand opening. This unique design goes way beyond a standard backpack. If you buy this from Amazon, there is a gift-wrap option available.
7. Aquapac Waterproof DSLR Case
At first glance, this waterproof DSLR case is so simple. A camera rain cover is useful for photographers to take their shooting to a whole new level. Having this gift, your friend photographer can do more with underwater photography, which is everyone’s dream. Also, I’ve got a list of the best rain jackets for travel photographers here.
8. The Handy Dandy Hand Strap
A hand camera strap is a great way to keep a camera secure when you’re carrying it. Photojojo’s new strap is leather, and attaches in two spots. What makes this a good gift (Camel Brown leather-made with gold buckle) is the fact that this strap keeps photographer’s camera snug and secure in the palm of her/his hand. This Handy Dandy Hand Strap is strong enough to keep the pricey gear safely attached to the arm. A photographer can easily adjusts to fit hands of all shapes and sizes.
9. DJI Spark mini drone
It’s smart, reliable, and incredibly intuitive drone. The mini drone is just under $500. High-Performance Camera: Amazing images and stabilized video Mechanical Gimbal StabilizationShake-Free Shots. The Spark drone makes a perfect gift as photography is getting more popular from A bird’s-eye view.
10. Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera
How about buying the best instant camera to gift your friends? Polaroid is the big brand name associated with instant pictures. Polaroid has come out with a compact and cute instant print version as their latest product. The Snap is just that, pictures in a snap.
The Polaroid Snap is a fun, retro, instant print camera with nostalgia and novelty value. The Snap has no built-in memory, but it does have a slot for a microSD card.
If you want to buy a Snap as a gift for someone, keep in mind that they won’t be able to use it as it’s intended without some ZINK paper, which you will have to purchase separately.
11. GoSky Cell Phone Adapter Mount
Buying a reasonable telescope will run one an extra $140 or something like that, be that as it may, the mount is an economical method to begin catching pictures instantly. Fortunately should one development their astrophotography, they would be able to buy a T-ring and append their DSLR to the telescope.
- Takes into account strong quality pictures
- Simple to set-up and design
- The awesome decision for learners
- Pictures don’t come close to DSLR photographs Without a following mount
- Adequate detail for staggering shots is troublesome
12. Adobe Photoshop
For the further developed stuff, notwithstanding, it is important because it can process RAW pictures and stack them together. It’s by all account, not the only application one should make an astounding view this way.
- Key programming used to consolidate various photographic exposures
- Easy to utilize yet with enough highlights to continue learning for a lifetime
Allows establishment on two PCs
- Costly free choices exist however tend to be harder to use with fewer assets (see: GIMP)
13. IKEA Picture and frame, planet earth gray/white
14. IKEA Aluminum Frame
A well-made photo frame is good to have for most people, not just photographers. But as we photographers have some extraordinary work to display, I’d recommend you the Swedish brand IKEA frame, made from durable aluminum.
15. Think Tank Photo Cable Management 10 V2.0
The Think Tank Photo cable management is one of the best gifts for most photographers. It’s a small zippered pouch. With a clear window for quick contents identification, it’s very convenient for general uses.
16. JOBY GorillaPod 5K Kit. Professional Tripod
- Anodized aluminum build for durability
17. ONA – The Prince Street – Camera Messenger Bag
A stylish bag for DSLR camera with lens, ONA is stylish and suitable for travel and street photographers. Looking for more messenger camera bags?
- Hand-made with high-quality leather
18. DJI Ronin-S Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Easy to hold with one hand
- Designed for most DSLR and mirrorless cameras
19. Nicole Elliott Camera Sling Strap by BLACKRAPID
So you need a gift idea for your woman photographer friend? If you’ve been searching for the best camera sling strap for women, then you should look further. Buy this Nicole Elliott Camera Sling Strap by Blackrapid. The strap comes with pockets for memory cards and for accessories. Why? It’s easy to access to your useful stuff.
- Reversible shoulder pad
- Water resistant fabric
Good to Know
The list may be not long enough. There are many other great gifts for photographers. However, I decided to select only some of the most favorite products among photographers.
I’m sure you will find some in the list to consider when buying gifts for your friends and family members.