Top 10 Best Multitrack Recorders (2020)
A multitrack recorder is an essential tool for most people. Just like an audio workstation and a music computer, the recorder is quite popular among musicians, songwriters, singers, and music bands. Do you know why? Well, with one of the top best multitrack recorders, you will be able to record a couple of audio channels and mix later. This is super useful. Let’s read on to find our top picks.
Also Recommended: Best Portable Podcast Microphones
A List of Top 10 Best Multitrack Recorders in 2020
Boss Micro BR BR 80
The Boss Micro BR BR 80 remains a portable multi track recorder that fits in your pocket and is designed to use by most musicians, though it comes among some special characteristics specifically created for guitarists, including Roland’s COSM amp & effect emulators.
- Use as a USB audio interface with built-in effects
- High quality built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Comes with
Tascam DP 24SD
Here is another top rated multi-track recorder on Tascam, & this is very popular among the music gear world. You’ve a whopping 24 track standalone recorder here with 8 microphone inputs, signal processing, USB-compatibility & 2 GB SD card storage. What is also attractive & a big standout is these ability to tape simultaneous inputs.
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch
- Built-in multi effects processor and mastering tools
- Records to SD/SDHC cards
Allen and Heath Ice 16
Although Allen and Heath are several commonly recognized for the DJ equipment, so as mixers & turntables, the particular multitrack recorder is the beast. It is unique the reason being it not just comes among FireWire connectivity, but too 16 tracks that remain recorded directly on a USB-drive, 16-separate analog-inputs, audio quality up to-24bit or 96-kHz & more.
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394)/USB 2.0 16×16 audio interface
- Front USB socket
- 16 analog inputs, 16 analog outputs
Sound Devices MixPre 10T Portable
The Kashmir microphone preambles in the Sound Devices MixPre 10T Portable offer up some of these cleanest signals at the market, getting this a great choice for these kind of specific audio output essential for these film industry.
- With eight Kashmir microphone inputs
- 10 inputs/12 tracks (stereo mix + 10 ISOs)
Zoom H4N PRO Digital
This digital multi-track recorder remains great to portability. It’s a four channel recorder among built-in stereo X or Y microphones & records on a 24 bit capacity. 2 XLR or TRS inputs allow you to plug in microphones & instruments similar. Anything recorded would be stored directly on an SD card to up to 32 GB.
- 4 in/2-out USB audio interface
- 2 XLR/TRS inputs with locking connectors
- Built-in stereo X/Y microphones
Tascam DP 03SD 8 Track
As you wants to install more devices onto the track, you will require a multi-track recorder that could handle a little extra juice. These Tascam DP 03SD 8 Track recorder remains a slightly larger version than the number one recorder on the list. It’s a little less portable, although it’s not a complete lot bigger than its near relative. It gets with some built-in condenser microphone & two XLR inputs for outside microphones which can remain powered among phantom power.
- 2 high quality stereo condenser microphones for on demand recording
- Built-in tuner and metronome for tight-sounding tracks
TASCAM DR 40 4 Track
We’ve another 4 track recorder that would work great to people on these go. It’s a digital recorder that enables you to operate your tracks among ease & speed. 2-XLR or 1 or 4 inches inputs would give you 2 lines for both instruments or either microphones. This also comes among two built-in condenser mics & a safety track recording to withdraw any distorted tracks.
- Switchable microphone position
- 4 track recording
- Record the built-in microphones and mic inputs at the same time
Zoom H4N Handy Portable Digital Recorder
Among the help of a quality multi-track recorder, you can now record several tracks simultaneously. This won’t only save you more of time though also more of work while editing these tracks.
- Amazing value for the money
- Adjustable Stereo X/Y Microphone
- Can Record 4 Tracks Simultaneously
- 2 x XLR / 1/4″ Combination Input Jacks
- 3.5mm Line Input with 2.5V Plug-In Power28 & 48V Phantom Power
Fostex MR8 8 Track Digital Recorder featuring a Built In FX
Although not recognized as the different brands discussed before, this multi track-recorder offers these user with helpful features that assists them get these results both need. Among eight tracks of recording, the machine remains a true inspiration from artists. The addition of the playback using compact flash cards has built storage easier.
- Easy to learn and use
- Very versatile
- Worth the money
We highly recommend the Roland gear as it great to being pretty handy in these music equipment realm. This one hither is an utter monster. It is an 8 channel recorder & mixer that’s recommended for track recordings, enabling us up to 8 XLR outputs for joining to other parts of gear.
- Channels: 8 channels + 2 channels (stereo mix from built-in mixer) (44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz), 4 channels (192kHz)
- Signal Processing: AD Conversion: 24 bits, DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Data Type: Format: BWF (mono/stereo), Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/88.2/96/192 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits
- Recording Media: SDHC Memory Card: 4 GB to 32 GB, SD Memory Card: 2 GB
Good to Know
Also known as MTR (multitrack recording), double tracking, or tracking, it is a standard method of sound recording developed in 1955 that allows for the separate recording of multiple sound sources at different times to produce a cohesive whole.
A multitrack recorder is a gateway from your soul to these outside world. This would allow you to place together all from your best thoughts in the scratch form so you can operate on it later.