If a camera lens is a sword, the filter is the scabbard. Experienced and professional photographers use top-rated lens filters to safeguard the lens from dust and moisture and to enhance the photo quality.
There are many types and options available based on budget and quality. In this list, you’ll find the best camera lens filters you can buy this year.
If you ask professional photographers about their cameras, they are more than likely to throw a myriad of technical jargon your way, some of which you might recognize as you might have heard of them before, while others might pass over your head like leaves on a windy day.
What they will all agree on, however, is the importance of lens filters.
A lens filter is a transparent or near-transparent object that is attached to the front of a lens for either protecting the lens, modifying the attribute of light that passes through the lens or supplying special effects to the image.
Take the UV lens filter for example – these filters allow you to block out ultra-violet light, rendering a more vibrant image.
Now if you thought that looks cool – well it is.
Of course, you cannot step out there to get any kind of lens filter.
Which is why, we are going to show you the best UV lens filters out there that will help you reduce the “mistiness” you often find in daylight photography.
Here are our top five picks for UV protection lens filters.
- Top Best Camera Lens Filters That You Need To Know About
- 1. Tiffen 67mm UV Protection Filter
- 2. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 77 mm
- 3. Tiffen 49mm UV Protection Filter
- 4. Tiffen 77mm UV Protection Filter
- 5. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 58 mm
- 6. Ultra-Violet (UV) reducing filters: Tiffen 52mm SKY 1-A Filter
- 7. UV haze filter: Chiaro 67mm 98-UVAT UV Filter
- 8. Polarizing filter: Kaesemann Polarizer MRC-Nano Filter
- 9. Circular Polarizing Filter for Camera Lenses by Breakthrough Photography
- 10. LEE Filters 100 x 100mm Little Stopper 1.8 Neutral Density Filter
- Good to Know
Top Best Camera Lens Filters That You Need To Know About
1. Tiffen 67mm UV Protection Filter
For the newbies out there (and we do not mean that in a derogatory way. After all, everyone starts as a newbie before taking pictures worthy of a being included in a National Geographic magazine), this is an incredible camera lens.
The Tiffen 67mm is a mono-coated lens filter that provides you with a basic reduction of ultra-violet light.
The lens effectively eliminates the bluish cast that appears in images. What’s more, you will also be able to add additional filters to this lens, though stacking more filters softens or shades away the edges of the image.
2. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 77 mm
For the amount you spend on this filter, it gives you a fine quality image without degrading the picture in any way. The AmazonBasics UV lens filter gives you your general UV protection, reducing the bluish cast found in images that we had mentioned
However, what the filter also does is protect the lens from dust, scratches and other small particulates.
We think that is a win in our books!
3. Tiffen 49mm UV Protection Filter
If you are wondering what the difference between this lens and the previous Tiffen UV lens filter is, then here is the rundown.
The Tiffen 49mm UV Protection Filter offers the same UV protection as the Tiffen 67mm, but what makes it stand out is that it also offers a much better protection for the lens.
4. Tiffen 77mm UV Protection Filter
Once again, what sets this lens apart from its younger siblings is that it absorbs up to 22% of the UV light that it’s the filter.
Talk about a crisp quality photo.
5. AmazonBasics UV Protection Lens Filter – 58 mm
Why is this lens on the top of the charts?
Let’s do a feature count shall we?
- It’s much cheaper than the other lenses on this list
- It gives
you great UV Protection for your lenses
- Protects your camera lens like a bouncer in a club
- Awesome quality
6. Ultra-Violet (UV) reducing filters: Tiffen 52mm SKY 1-A Filter
If you’re looking for an additional protection for your optics with enhanced filtering of unwanted light spectrum, I highly recommend that you take a look into this Tiffen 52mm SKY 1-A Filter. It’s the bang for the buck. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Reduces Bluish Cast of Daylight
- Provides Greater Color Accuracy
7. UV haze filter: Chiaro 67mm 98-UVAT UV Filter
- 99% Light Transmission
- Clear UV Protective Filter
- Polished Schott Glass
8. Polarizing filter: Kaesemann Polarizer MRC-Nano Filter
The Polarizing filters are ideal for making clouds seemingly pop out from darkened blue skies.
This circular Polarizing filters are mainly for use with auto-focus lenses. The linear ones are best used with manual-focus lenses.
9. Circular Polarizing Filter for Camera Lenses by Breakthrough Photography
- Compatible with all 77mm camera lenses
10. LEE Filters 100 x 100mm Little Stopper 1.8 Neutral Density Filter
- Neutral density filter
- Reduces the light entering your lens by six stops
- Ideal for low-light conditions
Good to Know
The major difference between a cheap filter and an expensive one has a lot to do with the quality of the glass.
When it comes to have one of the must-have accessories for most photographers, the camera lens filter is typically on the list.
Usually, a camera lens that operates with or without the filter has a significant difference.
I believe my list above will help you choose the right lens filters for your photography demand.
With the best filter, you no longer worry about water, oil, dust, and fingerprints.
With this list of the best DSLR camera lens filters, you’ll be able to perfect your photography in a way that you dream of.
So there you have it folks, our top UV lens filter that will add the “oomph” to your images.
What are waiting for?
Grab your lens filter and start clicking!