Photography is also about light and lighting. It’s not just solely about the camera and lens.
The creative use of lighting is a significant step to produce best photography work. A folding or collapsible light reflector is very handy for most studio photographers.
So with the best folding light reflectors or disks, you can magically light your subject in your studio.
A List of the Best Folding Light Reflectors for Studio Photography in 2019
1. Westcott Eyelighter 2
- curved reflector for portrait and headshot photography
- Reflective silver surface bounces studio or ambient lighting
2. Insignia – 32″ Collapsible Light Reflector
- Modifies indoor and outdoor lighting
- White side: Reflects soft, natural light
- Silver side: Offers bright, clear light
3. Neewer 43-inch / 110cm 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector with Bag
This is the best collapsible light reflector for under $20. However, you won’t be disappointed by the quality. Furthermore, this Neewer reflector is light and easy to carry for outdoor photography session.
- This reflector fits any standard reflector holders: 43″ 110CM 5 in 1 Collapsible Multi Disc Light Reflector
- Good quality material at a good price
4. Impact 5-in-1 Collapsible Oval Reflector (42 x 72″)
- Tear resistant
- Lightweight fossil style
- Come with a nylon carrying pouch
5. Eyelighter, TriFlector, Clamshell Light Reflector/Diffuser for Studio
- Durable all-metal construction stands
6. Etekcity 24″ (60cm) 5-in-1 Light Photo Reflector for Studio
- 5-in-1 Lightweight Kit: Gold, Silver, White, Black and Translucent
- Collapse disc into a portable size for travel
7. Selens 5-in-1 43 Inch (110cm) Portable Handle Round Reflector
- Portable and easy to use
- Made from quality material for durability
Good to Know
While it’s easy to pack and carry with you, professionals use the light reflectors “5-in-1” for the following purposes: The silver and white are ideal to fill light and to reduce the contrast at a sunny day.
The black surface adds contrast so that it can shield any fill light from clouds or nearby bright areas. Gold? It warms your subject up. And the translucent fabric.
This latest list is hours of my work to create. I hope that after reading this, you’ll be able to pick the best one that will suit you requirements.
It’s one of the must-have lighting equipment and accessories for most modern studios.