The optical glass in front of the imaging sensor is the single most important part of your camera. Choosing the right lens for a Leica camera is not easy. The best Leica camera lenses make it possible to achieve far more than the standard snapshot. To help you find the best lenses for your Leica cameras, please read my list of the selection below.
- A List of the Best Leica Camera Lenses in 2018
- 1. Leica APO-Summicron-SL 75mm f/2 ASPH. Lens + Essential Lens Accessory Bundle
- Leica APO-Summicron-SL 90mm F2 ASPH
- Leica Elmarit-TL 18mm F2.8 ASPH
- Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60mm f2.8 ASPH
- Carl ZEISS Planar T* – Lens – 50 mm
- Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron Manual Focus Aspherical Lens
- Good to Know
A List of the Best Leica Camera Lenses in 2018
1. Leica APO-Summicron-SL 75mm f/2 ASPH. Lens + Essential Lens Accessory Bundle
This Leica lens is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras. When buying this, you will find the bundled accessories to help you get started with the lens. This is one of the newest lens, which was announced in Jan 15, 2018.
- 67mm UV Filter
- Neoprene Soft Lens Pouch
- Cap Keeper
- K&M Micro Fiber Cloth
Leica APO-Summicron-SL 90mm F2 ASPH
If you’re looking for a fast telephoto lens for your Leica’s full-frame SL mirrorless camera, this is the best one for you. The lens has a minimum focus distance of 0.6m and a maximum magnification of 0.2x. Also released in early 2018, this lens is faster than previous SL lenses.
Leica Elmarit-TL 18mm F2.8 ASPH
One of the most smallest in its class, this Leica Elmarit-TL is designed for APS-C-format L-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 27mm equivalent focal length. It’s well-suited to everyday shooting.
- Focal Length: 18mm Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/2.8 Minimum: f/16
- Camera Mount Type: Leica L
- Format Compatibility: APS-C
Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60mm f2.8 ASPH
If you need the best standard macro prime lens for your Leica’s TL-mount cameras, you may want to consider this APO-Macro-Elmarit. Leica announced in 2017 that the lens delivers the unique look and unmistakable bokeh of images.
- L-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 90mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Four Aspherical Elements
Carl ZEISS Planar T* – Lens – 50 mm
Are you looking for performance, reliability and, and image quality? Then this Carl ZEISS Plannar T* is for your lovely Leica camera. The lens comes with a wear resistant filter mount, so that it helps for long-term reliability in tough conditions.
- 50mm lens that works well with the Zeiss Ikon rangefinder camera as well as the Leica M series of cameras, including the M8 and M9 digital cameras
- super clear and crisp image quality.
Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron Manual Focus Aspherical Lens
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Manual Focus Design
Good to Know
The digital Leica M cameras are compatible with all M lens.
- The Best Camera Bags and Backpacks to Buy
- Best Nikon Lenses for Landscape Photography
- Best Cinema Cameras for Filmmakers