Top 10 Best Leica M Lenses for Travel Photography in 2019
The best Leica camera lenses make it possible to achieve far more than the standard snapshot. The optical glass in front of the imaging sensor is one of the single most important parts of your camera (in addition to a reliable memory card). Choosing the right lens for a Leica camera is not easy. Whether this is going to be your first Leica M lens for street or travel photography, the amount of time to research first is essential.
To help you find the best lenses for your Leica cameras, please read my list of recommendations.
A List of Top 10 Best Leica M Lenses for Travel Photography in 2019
1. Leica APO-Summicron-SL 75mm f/2 ASPH. Lens + Essential Lens Accessory Bundle
This Leica lens is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras. When buying this, you will find the bundled accessories to help you get started with the lens. This is one of the newest lens, which was announced in Jan 15, 2018.
- 67mm UV Filter
- Neoprene Soft Lens Pouch
- Cap Keeper
- K&M Micro Fiber Cloth
2. Leica APO-Summicron-SL 90mm F2 ASPH
If you’re looking for a fast telephoto lens for your Leica’s full-frame SL mirrorless camera, this is the best one for you. The lens has a minimum focus distance of 0.6m and a maximum magnification of 0.2x. Also released in early 2018, this lens is faster than previous SL lenses.
3. Leica Elmarit-TL 18mm F2.8 ASPH
One of the most smallest in its class, this Leica Elmarit-TL is designed for APS-C-format L-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 27mm equivalent focal length. It’s well-suited to everyday shooting.
- Focal Length: 18mm Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27 mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/2.8 Minimum: f/16
- Camera Mount Type: Leica L
- Format Compatibility: APS-C
4. Leica APO-Macro-Elmarit-TL 60mm f2.8 ASPH
Leica announced in 2017 that the lens delivers the unique look and unmistakable bokeh of images.
- L-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 90mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/32
- Four Aspherical Elements
5. Carl ZEISS Planar T* – Lens – 50 mm
The lens comes with a wear resistant filter mount, so that it helps for long-term reliability in tough conditions.
- 50mm lens that works well with the Zeiss Ikon rangefinder camera as well as the Leica M series of cameras, including the M8 and M9 digital cameras
- super clear and crisp image quality.
6. Voigtlander 21mm f/1.8 Ultron Manual Focus Aspherical Lens
- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Manual Focus Design
7. Voigtlander Nokton Asph II Lens 35mm / F1.2 Leica M Mount
- Focal length: 35 mm
- Compact design with perfect weight
- Great build quality
8. Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens
This Leica 50mm is capable of producing stunning image quality in near focus ranges.
- Built-in lens hood to safeguard stray light and dust
- Made of a fluorite-type glass while lens element 3
9. Leica 11141 APO-Summicron-M 50mm/f2 ASP Interchangeable Lens
With the apochromatic correction feature, the Leica 11141 APO-Summicron is capable of color error correction, minimizing color fringing at sharp edges. Overall, it’s the best lens for uses in any situation. And of course, the real value is worth your money.
- Leica M quick-change bayonet
- Sharp and vividly crisp images
10. Leica M-Adapter L Silver
A simple solution for Leica M lens to Leica L-Mount camera? This Leica M-Adapter is a must-have accessory for most photographers. The adapter works really well, much more than you can expected. Believe it not, you can use a Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.4 Wide on a Leica CL. You can also also use it for M lenses for your CL.
Good to Know
The digital Leica M cameras are compatible with all M lens.