Top Best DSLR Camera Monitors for Video (2021)
What’s the best DSLR camera monitor this year? Usually, filmmakers use a camera monitor for best shots and for better viewing. But there are many monitors for video to choose from. I’m going to review top best DSLR camera monitors to buy if you are looking to involve in filmmaking.
A List of Top Best DSLR Camera Monitors for Video in 2019
Atomos Ninja Flame 7-inch
The good thing about this monitor is it can record log in 4k. I have seen other monitors getting dark and hard to see, when the weather is sunny. With Atomos it will never happen, this monitor is bright even outside. It’s very easy to navigate in this monitor. Also, it has a 4.9/5 rating that means a lot of people prefer this monitor over others. Overall, I would recommend Atomos to professionals.
- Features a swappable dual battery system that automatically switches to the 2nd battery when the power drains low
- Supports 4K UHD frame rate
- Supports ultra-high definition Camera Logs (S-Log2, C-Log, V-Log, and more)
Neewer 7-inch Field HD
This monitor runs on Sony F-Series battery, which is not expensive, that’s why I would recommend Neewer to beginners. Another good thing about the battery, it is also used by other company’s products, that allows you to power multiple devices with one supply. In this monitor another good thing is, the image flips for better view and positioning. This one has a lower rating than the Atomos, it has 4.6/5 but I would easily recommend this monitor, because it’s easy to use, it does everything monitor needs to do and it’s cheaper.
- 360 degree adjustable hot shoe allows you to change the angle smoothly while shooting
- Sun hood can keep the light out
Good quality monitor. Wide view angle and led backlight. It’s the best one if you are looking for a budget monitor. It’s the cheapest one from all of five monitors and it’s doing a good job. This monitor supports most of DSLR’s and has multiple input options such as HDMI and AV. I would recommend this monitor for everyone who is buying they’re first monitor and learning. Feelworld has comparatively high ratings 4.2/5.
- Designed with ease of use and flexibility
- Wide view angle IPS panel
- Peaking Focus Assist
SmallHD 502 On-Camera
I had to mention this monitor for its size. SmallHD is smaller than other monitors and easy to pack with you and even traveling. Its quality is good and it does all the functions monitor should do. Also it has no psychical power input. This monitor rating is 4.4/5. This one is recommended for those who don’t rely on their DSLR’s small rear display.
- Flexibility and ease-of-use
- Low profile and compact size
What I like about this one is for the way it looks, quality and functions. Also it comes together with a set of removable sunshields and that helps a lot shooting outside. The sad thing about this one is, it doesn’t rotate and its mount only tilts in two directions. I guess that’s why this monitor rating is only 3.9/5.
- 5-Inch LCD WVGA (800×480) for easier viewing of video & stills
- Peaking support for precise focusing
- Tiltable up to 90 degree with supplied adapter
- Swivel up to 360 degree for superior flexibility
- Headphone jack for audio monitoring
Atomos Shinobi 5″ 4K HDMI Monitor
The newest HDMI monitor available this year is the Atomos Shinobi. It’s the best monitor for vloggers and photographers. The polycarbonate body makes it light and portable. Also, with its built-in memory and the SD memory card slot, you will have extra storage when needed.
- 1920×1080 resolution
- Calibrated true-to-eye colors
- Long battery life
- Features a special Anti-Reflective coating and Anti-fingerprint technology
- A stunning 10+ stops of dynamic range in realtime from Log/PQ/HLG signals
Blackmagic Design Video Assist 4K, 7″ High Resolution Monitor
Comes with high-end features, including mini-XLR inputs, focus peaking and video scopes, the Blackmagic Design Video Assist monitor is one of the top best on this list. You’ll love the solid build, the SD card slot, how it uses Canon batteries, and an intuitive user interface.
- 7″ high resolution monitor with Ultra HD recorder
- High resolution monitoring and professional recording for any camera
- 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHD recording
- Low cost, high performance storage you can get anywhere
Good to Know
I would like to say the best monitor is Atomos Ninja Flame 7-inch. Unless you are just getting started with filming, then I would recommend choosing a budget monitor. But I have quite big experience and for me filming outside in the sun is important and this one fits for it the best. In my opinion it has the best quality and while filming, easy navigation means a lot, that’s why it is good also.