Top 10 Best SD Cards for 4K Video in 2019
Before buying an SD memory card for your camera, what are the factors to consider? After spending days of research and tests, this is a list of the best SD card and XQD memory cards you should buy. I’ll examine a few key factors, including features, read and write speed, and reliability. The best memory cards for most professional photographers should be:
- Reliable and durable
- Fast (both read and write speed)
- 4K video quality
Also: The Best microSD Cards
A List of Top 10 Best SD Memory Cards for DSLR and Mirrorless Camera in 2019
1. SanDisk Extreme PRO Card
Need for speed? This is the world’s fastest SD card you can buy. It’s ideal for recording extreme sports and other fast-action photography without dropping frames. This SanDisk card also comes with data recovery software. Ideally, this SD card is the perfect choice for amateur or professional photographers.
- Up to 300MB/S reading and 260MB/S writing speed: capable for recording cinema quality 4K video
- Shockproof, waterproof, temperature and x-ray-proof
2. Sony SF-G Memory Card
A storage capacity of 128GB allows you to focus more on your shooting, and less on fearing that you’ll have no more space for your more great work. Buy this Sony 128GB SF-G Series UHS-II SDXC memory card for your peace of mind and enjoy shooting.
- Fast and reliable
- Read and write speeds of up to 300 MB/s
- Not quite reliable
- Not ideal in cold weather use
- Rread/write lock can easily and unexpectedly break off
3. Lexar Professional 1000x 64GB Memory Card
The Lexar Professional 1000x 64GB memory card is the best option. If this capacity doesn’t suit your shooting need, you may also consider getting the larger capacity of 1TB Lexar Professional 633x SDXC UHS-I Card.
- Available capacity up to 1TB
- 150MB/s speed
- 4K video ready
- Slow performance than expected
- Reliability: average
4. PNY Elite Performance 512GB SDXC Class 10
- 95MB/sec speed for the ultimate transfer rates
- 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Firmware issue with new camera
- Slow transfer speed to computer
5. Silicon Power 64GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card Elite Series
- Read speed: 85MB/s
- Storage temperature: -40 Degree C to 85 Degree C
- Not fastest reading/writing speed
6. Transcend 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card
- Built-in Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct transfer errors
- Supports Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM)
- Easy to use, plug-and-play operation
- Write speed performance: average
- Reliability: medium
7. ProGrade Digital SDXC UHS-II Memory Card
Both the speed performance and storage capacity makes this the best value for your money. The ProGrade SD card is compatible for most cameras from Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji, and Samsung.
- 200 MB/s Read and 80 MB/s Write
- 4K, 8K, RAW, RAW HD ready
- Reliability: medium
8. Strontium Nitro 128GB SD SDXC Flash Memory Card
- Water Proof, Temperature Proof, Magnet Proof and X-Ray Proof
- Not expensive
- Durability and reliability: not high
9. Sony 128GB High Performance Class 10 UHS-1/U3 SDHC
If you want a Sony’s budget SD card with reliable quality, this Sony 128GB High Performance Class 10 UHS-1/U3 SDHC is the best for most beginners. The SD card works seamlessly well with my Sony RX10 IV camera.
- Up to 95 MB/s transfer speed and up to 90MB/s write speed
- Amazon’s Choice
- Not cheap
10. Toshiba 256GB EXCERIA PRO N502 SDXC UHS-II UHS2 U3 SD Card Memory Card
Toshiba continues to release new SD card to the market. The Exceria Pro is the best SD card for most photographers. The Toshiba SD card supports supports 4K/8K video recording. Made in Japan, the memory card is X-ray Proof. It can withstand harsh weather conditions very well.
- Read : 270 MB/s , Write : 260 MB/s
- Temperature durability
- Perform well under rough condition
- Operating temperatures from -20 ℃ to 85℃ (without condensation)
- Not cheap
Good to Know
SD cards come in several classes according to their speeds. The classes include, class 2, 4, 6 and 10 with class ten being the best and highest performance available today. For 4K video shooting, you should get a SanDisk U3 SD card. For a more optimal experience, both a UHS and U3 SD card with class are the best, fastest SD card to buy.
Having an SD or an XQD memory card is never enough, especially for travel photographers. You’d at least need a few extra memory cards as a backup or to avoid a situation that you run out of storage space. Above is an updated list of the best and fastest SD cards for most SLR and mirrorless cameras. I’m sure that this review will help most photographers buy the top best quality SD memory cards.