After spending a great amount of time in my research and talking with my fellow photographers friends, here’s the 11 best Sony DSLR camera accessories. Today, there are all types of Sony accessories available that help to produce better image quality. The best Sony gears and kits will ensure that your camera remains safe and lasts for many years.
- A List of Top 11 Best Accessories for Sony DSLR Cameras in 2018
- 1. Sony SEL35F18 35mm Prime Fixed Lens
- 2. HEX Raven DSLR Backpack
- 3. Sony CLM-V55 5-Inch Portable LCD Monitor
- 4. Sony HVLF20M MI Shoe External Flash
- 5. Sony SF-G Memory Card
- 6. Sony BCTRX Battery Charger
- 7. Sony ECMXYST1M External Microphone
- 8. Sony Micro USB Cable Cord Lead and Sony Alpha HDMI Cable
- 9. Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit
- 10. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
- 11. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer
- Good to Know
A List of Top 11 Best Accessories for Sony DSLR Cameras in 2018
1. Sony SEL35F18 35mm Prime Fixed Lens
When it comes to DSLR cameras, a lens is as important as the camera itself. Different photographers have different requirements such as still photography, landscape, wildlife photography, portrait, and many others. When it comes to Sony DSLR cameras, you can make use of various E mount lenses which come with both full frame and APS-C options. If you want to move from the standard lens, then the Sony SEL35F18 35mm is your best option.
- Built-in image stabilization
- Sharpness and contrast
2. HEX Raven DSLR Backpack
When taking photographs, you will most likely need to move from one place to another frequently. Getting caught in the rain? Not a big deal. This water-resistant backpack is the top best for most photographers. Why? While it holds 2 DSLR cameras, 5-6 lenses, and 2 external flashes, you can accommodates one 15.0″ MacBook Pro laptop. Unlike most padded camera backpacks, the Hex Raven’s design is really unique. Overall, the Hex Raven is best backpack-style camera bag this year.
- Coated canvas exterior for durability
- Quick access tripod straps
3. Sony CLM-V55 5-Inch Portable LCD Monitor
When taking photographs, you’ll eventually discover that just having a viewfinder is never enough. If your camera did not include a DSLR when you purchased it or if you’d like a better LCD monitor, you should get the Sony Clip-On Portable LCD monitor. This LCD Monitor will let you enjoy your images in crisp quality. It is fully compatible with Sony DSLR monitors. You can easily clip it on or take it off whenever you want.
- 5-Inch LCD WVGA (800×480)
- Headphone jack for audio monitoring
4. Sony HVLF20M MI Shoe External Flash
The better the lighting, the better your photographs will turn out. Although your camera normally comes with a built-in flash, it is normally not enough. The Sony HVLF20M External flash is one of the best lighting options you can get today. With this flash, you can get the impact of natural lighting by simply pointing the flash where you want.
- Bounce flash for shadow less indirect lighting
5. Sony SF-G Memory Card
A storage capacity of 128GB allows you to focus more on your shooting, and less on fearing that you’ll have no more space for your more great work. Buy this Sony 128GB SF-G Series UHS-II SDXC memory card for your peace of mind and enjoy shooting. Please read my review here if you’re looking for SanDisk SD memory cards.
- Fast and reliable
- Read speeds of up to 300 MB/s
- Maximum write speeds of up to 299 MB/s
6. Sony BCTRX Battery Charger
- Ultra-compact size & retractable plug
- Universal voltage 100V-240V (50/60Hz)
7. Sony ECMXYST1M External Microphone
Just like the flash, your cameras standard microphone will most likely not be able to serve you well when it comes to recording quality sound at larger distances. Therefore, an external microphone can be quite handy. You can attach the mic via supplied mic terminal cable.
- Adjust recording range from 0 or 120 degrees
- High quality audio
8. Sony Micro USB Cable Cord Lead and Sony Alpha HDMI Cable
- High speed data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
9. Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit
When you’ve got a Sony DSLR camera, it is important to keep your camera, lens, and sensor free from dust, dirt, and smudges. The micro-fiber cloth and the spray bottle can be used to clean both the camera’s body and the lens.
- All necessary tools neatly packed inside a hard-shell zippered travel case
10. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
The Vuanguard Alta Pro tripod has unmatched flexibility, stability and enabling more angle possibilities than ever before. Its SBH-100 fluid-like ball head rotates 360 degrees and has smooth locking knobs, an outstanding loading capacity and fine-tuning functions.
- 7.0kg load capacities
- Quick flip leg locks and rubber feet
- Magnesium die-cast canopy and anti-shock ring
11. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer
A good printer will print your beautiful photographs perfectly so that you can place them on your gallery, walls, or simply share them with friends and family. The Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Printer is perfect for this. This printer will ensure that your photographs come out exactly the way you took them. It selects the best ink to use for your photographs thus producing the exact images that you took without any changes to color or lighting.
- 4800 x 2400 dpi with FINE technology
- Support media up to 13″ x 19″
Read my list here if you’re looking for the best portable photo printers.
Good to Know
A camera backpack to load your Sony camera and gears. The bag’s exterior is made of a durable black polyester/nylon that makes it suitable for rainy conditions. It also has an ample interior storage that is capable of holding up to 2 small DSLR cameras with about 4 lenses and other types of small accessories. Looking for more bags, cases, and backpacks for your camera?
Sony DSLR cameras are highly innovative that come with great features. However, simply owning a DSLR camera is not enough if you are looking to take high-quality images.
The Sony SEL35F18 35mm is a prime fixed lens which means that the focal length is standard but includes a field of view that is similar to the human eye and thus makes it capable of producing images that are very captivating. It comes with a wide aperture of f/1.8 that allows you to take images which are free of any blur even in low lighting conditions. You can also read my digital camera lenses buying guide for beginners.
There are other types of Sony DSLR camera accessories that you can get in today’s market. The above guide consists of the best ones that will definitely enhance your photography experience while at the same time making your work much easier. Hopefully, this guide was helpful to you in enabling you to know some of the best accessories you should get for your Sony DSLR camera.
- The Best Nikon DSLR Camera Accessories
- Top 10 Best External Flashes for DSLR Cameras
- Top 10 Best Accessories for Pentax DSLR Cameras
Disclaimer: All recommendations are impartial and based on user experience, with no bias to the products or the brand. The products in this post contain affiliate links which help support SweetMemoryStudio.com.