Top Best SD Card Readers (2020)
Travel photographers take a lot of photographs using SD memory cards everyday. With a good memory card reader, you won’t have difficulty or problem with photo transfer. Which is the fastest SD Card reader for Mac users and photographers? In this list, you’ll find my selected top rated USB SD card readers designed for digital camera and iPhone and Android smartphone. The fast SD card reader will help you transfer your large photo or video files to your computer laptop in minutes, not hours. In this review, I ranked the best SD card readers (including the USB-C card readers and ones for iPhone users and photographers).
A List of Top Best SD Card Readers for Photographers in 2020
Table of Contents
Sony MRWE90/BC1 XQD USB 3.0 Reader
This Sony high speed card reader is for all XQD series and UHS-II SD memory cards. Although a bit expensive, but this is a good quality product to have. When inserting and removing cards, the card reader works smoothly. The Sony MRW-E90/BC2 XQD USB 3.0 Reader is ideal for transferring large RAW files.
- Super speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
- Speed: 440MB/s transfer and 400MB/s write
- Great build quality
Anker 8-in-1 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader
- Fast and portable reader
- Durable, high-grade plastics and premium chips
Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader
This Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader makes it quicker to transfer large files from your camera. The good thing about this RDF8 Card Reader is a multi-slot card reader (SD, microSD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick) that supports a wide range of interfaces. With high speed memory cards like SanDisk, Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader is a must-have.
- Read: 130MB/s and Write: 95MB/s
- Supports for all new card formats
- Advanced USB 3.0 technology
SanDisk ImageMate USB 3.0 Card Reader/Writer
- Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC
- USB 3.0 interface
- Data transfer rates up to 500 Mbps
UGREEN SD Card Reader
- Compatible with Card Reader TF, SD, Micro SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, UHS-I
- The reading and writing speed is up to 5Gbps.
AMALINK XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 Card Reader
- 3.0 USB card reader supports the Sony G series
- High-speed transfer speed for RAW images and 4K video files
Plugable USB C SD Card Reader
For those who use the latest Apple MacBook Pro laptops, the chance is that you need this USB C SD card reader. With this USB C, you’ll enjoy the fast transfer even for large RAW files. Also, it’s a big bang for your buck.
- 104 MB/sec
- Compatible with most memory cards (except the CompactFlash card)
SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-II USB-C Reader
- Read Speed up to 312MB/s
- plug-and-play functionality
- USB Type‐C (USB‐C) connector
CFast Card Reader – USB C – Memory Card Reader
- USB-C cable for portable use
- Compact and lightweight design
RayCue XQD Card Reader
- Plug and play
- Small, compact, and portable
- Durable design
Lexar Professional Workflow HR1 Four-Bay USB 3.0 Reader Hub
- Four slots for memory cards
- USB 3.0 transfer speeds
EC Technology SD Card Reader Aluminum Superspeed USB 3.0 Multi-In-1 Card Reader
Lexar Multi-Card 25-In-1 USB 3.0 Reader
- 25 popular memory card formats
- speed up to 500MB/s
- Compact design
- Portable to bring
- Easy to use
- Read speed: 14 MB/S to 16 MB/S
- USB 3.0 for 300% faster transfer speeds to a PC
Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
The Apple Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader should definitely belong in this list of the top rate SD cards readers for iPhone. Why? It’s made by Apple. As a result, it’s the top best SD card reader for photographers and filmmakers with an iPad.
UGREEN USB C SD Card Reader USB 3.1 Type C OTG Memory Card Reader
Universally compatible with laptops and smartphones with USB Type C. Top rated USB C SD card reader for for Google Pixel phones. Buy this. Why? The Ugreen card reader is small and easy to carry, so you can transfer photos on the go from my DSLR to my phone and laptop.
- Transfers data with highest speed up to 100MB/s
- Compact for travelers
- For Micro SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, UHS-I, Olympus camera card
LovinFive Trail Scouting Game Camera Viewer 3 in 1 Hunter Reader
- Small lightweight and pocket friendly
Good to Know
It’s a good idea to have more than one memory card reader. Why? Having one card reader in your camera backpack and the other in the home or studio makes it very convenient. You can backup your valuable photos from the cameras to your computer at any time, and anywhere.
What should you have the right card readers in your camera backpack? Well, it’s plain simple. For example, you cannot use an XQD card reader with a CFexpress card.
These card readers are for microSD, SD, XQD memory cards, and CompactFlash cards. This is a list of the best SD card readers for most photographers.