Travel photographers take a lot of photographs using SD memory cards everyday. With a good memory card reader, you won’t have difficulty or problem with photo transfer. In this list, you’ll find my selected best SD card readers you can easily transfer your large photo or video files from your camera to your computer.
- A List of the Best SD and XQD Card Readers in 2018
- 1. Sony MRWE90/BC1 XQD USB 3.0 Reader
- 2. Anker 8-in-1 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader
- 3. Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader
- 4. SanDisk ImageMate USB 3.0 Card Reader/Writer
- 5. UGREEN SD Card Reader
- 6. AMALINK XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 Card Reader
- 7. Plugable USB C SD Card Reader
- 8. SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-II USB-C Reader
- Good to Know
A List of the Best SD and XQD Card Readers in 2018
1. Sony MRWE90/BC1 XQD USB 3.0 Reader
This Sony high speed card reader is for all XQD series and UHS-II SD memory cards. Although a bit expensive, but this is a good quality product to have. When inserting and removing cards, the card reader works smoothly. The Sony MRW-E90/BC2 XQD USB 3.0 Reader is ideal for transferring large RAW files.
- Super speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
- Speed: 440MB/s transfer and 400MB/s write
- Great build quality
2. Anker 8-in-1 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader
Anker is a new, high quality brand for everyday electronic products. This Anker USB 3.0 memory card reader enables data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps for faster sync times. What I really like this memory card reader is that itś made of durable, high-grade plastics and premium chips.
- This Anker card reader delivers a fast, extremely portable reader.
3. Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader
This Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader makes it quicker to transfer large files from your camera. The good thing about this RDF8 Card Reader is a multi-slot card reader (SD, microSD, CompactFlash, Memory Stick) that supports a wide range of interfaces. With high speed memory cards like SanDisk, Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader is a must-have.
- Read: 130MB/s and Write: 95MB/s
- Supports for all new card formats
- Advanced USB 3.0 technology
4. SanDisk ImageMate USB 3.0 Card Reader/Writer
- Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC
- USB 3.0 interface
- Data transfer rates up to 500 Mbps
5. UGREEN SD Card Reader
- It is compatible with Card Reader TF, SD, Micro SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, UHS-I
- The reading and writing speed is up to 5Gbps.
6. AMALINK XQD 2.0 USB 3.0 Card Reader
- 3.0 USB card reader supports the Sony G series
- High-speed transfer speed for RAW images and 4K video files
7. Plugable USB C SD Card Reader
For those who use the latest Apple MacBook Pro laptops, the chance is that you need this USB C SD card reader. With this USB C, you’ll enjoy the fast transfer even for large RAW files. Also, it’s a big bang for your buck.
- 104 MB/sec
- Compatible with most memory cards (except the CompactFlash card)
8. SanDisk Extreme PRO SD UHS-II USB-C Reader
- Read Speed up to 312MB/s
- plug-and-play functionality
- USB Type‐C (USB‐C) connector
Good to Know
It’s a good idea to have more than one memory card reader. Why? Having one card reader in your camera backpack and the other in the home or studio makes it very convenient. You can backup your valuable photos from the cameras to your computer at any time, and anywhere. These card readers are for microSD, SD, XQD memory cards, and CompactFlash cards. This is a list of the best SD card readers for most photographers.