Top Best Waterproof Laptop Backpacks for College (2019)
Technology is becoming increasingly important in the modern world, and that has paved way for advanced electronics, aimed at making life easier. That’s why there is an ever-growing list of fancy gadgets such as smartwatches, smartphones, IOT-enabled home appliances and others. Devices that were purely considered to be luxury items at some point have now become an utter necessity in homes, schools, and offices.
Your laptop stands to be counted as one of the gadgets that is so much important in your life, considering the endless convenience you get from it. As such, it’s imperative that you take good care of your laptop to avoid loss of information and cash as well. With a waterproof laptop bag, you can keep your “techbaby” safe from drops and water damage. But with the variety of options to choose from, you may find it challenging when making a choice. That’s why we have reviewed the following coolest waterproof laptop bags to make it easier for you.
A List of the Best Waterproof Laptop Backpacks for College & Travel in 2019
1. HIKPRO 20L – The Most Durable Lightweight Packable Backpack, Water Resistant Travel Hiking Daypack for Men & Women
Even though this bag has been designed for hiking, you can as well use it to ensure that your laptop stays safe from spills and Made with high-quality lightweight nylon material, this backpack should be a perfect choice for anyone who wishes to have easy travel at all times. Featuring a mind-blowing 20-liter capacity, you can be sure that this bag has enough space to accommodate your laptop and a few other items. As if that’s not enough, you can easily “re-pack” this bag and store it whenever you feel like you don’t want to use it. Besides, the bag is affordable and offers great value for money.
- Lightweight and easy to fold
- Water resistance keeps your laptop dry even in the rain
- Very comfortable to carry around
- Has enough room for your laptop and several other items.
- The nylon material is not sturdy enough to hold heavy items.
2. BackSåk Waterproof Dry Backpacks
For a stronger backpack that keeps your bag dry even when the weather gets rough, consider purchasing the Backsak waterproof dry backpack. It’s crafted from heavy-duty 500-denier PVC material to keep the spills and rain out and your laptop dry at all times. The sternum clip and padded back support enhance comfort at all times by relieving pressure on muscles. What’s more? You have two different options when closing the bag. You can opt to use the roll-down at the top or go for the side clips for a snug, compressed fit. The backpack is available in the 25-liter and 35-liter sizes, which enough to store most of your items, your laptop included, while traveling.
- The bag has an IPX-6 waterproof rating
- You get enough space to carry your laptop and other items
- It’s easy to close the bag with either of the two available options
- The backpack is comfortable and has protective pockets and D-rings for convenience
- The bags is water-resistant, but not fully waterproof, which means that it should not be submerged in water.
3. Earth Pak Waterproof Backpack
You no longer have to worry about fishing out a dripping-wet laptop from your bag even after hours of walking or riding in the rain. This waterproof backpack ensures that all the items you’ve fitted in it stay even in stormy weather. With an ergonomic back panel, low-profile sternum strap, and contoured shoulder straps, you can be sure of comfort when carrying the bad around even when it’s fully loaded. With 35 and 55-liter capacity options, there is plenty of storage to carry your laptop and a number of additional items as you travel. What’s more? This bag is compact and lightweight, and has a roll-top closure mechanism with an additional reinforced strip to ensure that unwanted liquids stay out and that it stays dry at all times.
4. eBags Professional Backpack
This is one of the best water resistant laptop backpacks you can find online. The interior is made from Teflon which maximizes the safety of the laptop. It can carry laptops of up to 17- inches. The eBag backpack is comfortable on your back and comes with several compartments. The bag has handles which makes it easy to convert it into a briefcase. This makes it easy to carry the bag around in wherever you are going.
- Made from polyester material which does not absorb water
- Tough enough to withstand any twists
5. SHOWERS PASS WATERPROOF BACKPACK
This is a heavy duty backpack designed for cyclists. Its made from denier nylon which is waterproof. It also comes with waterproof zippers to ensure there are no leakages into the bag. It has a compartment which can carry a laptop not more than 17- inches. It has a tablet compartment which would keep your tablet dry till the rain or snowfall is over. The backpack has sleeves which protect the laptop from the bottom of the bag.
- It has various pockets which can be used for different purposes
- The bag has a 42-liter capacity hence suitable for a cyclist
- Comes with reflective trim and LED lights for the cyclist’s safety
6. INCASE ICON PACK
The bag is manufactured from nylon material which is waterproof. The backpack has waterproof zippers to enhance its waterproof capabilities. The shoulder straps are well cushioned improving its comfort-ability. It has one inner pocket and several outer zipper compartments. Its one of the stylish backpack in the market.
7. PELICAN ELITE BACKPACK
This is one of the best waterproof laptop backpacks. Apart from its waterproof capabilities its also impact resistance. The bag offers maximum water resistance. It can be submerged in water for a duration of up to 30 minutes. The depth of the water should not be more than three feet deep. The features of the backpack make it one of the best for professional use.
- It can carry laptops of up to 17 inches and also tablets
- It comes with a crush proof compartment for storing the laptop
- The tablet compartment is also impact protected
8. OSPREY FLAPJACK
This backpack has cutting edges which give it a sleek look. Its made from water safe form which makes it waterproof. This backpack is useful for a commuter since it comes with a blinker light and a reflector. This enhances your visibility from a distant.
- The bag is lightweight and can support laptops of up to 15-inches
- It comes with a laptop and tablet compartment
- Its simple in design and comes with side water bottle pockets
- The bag has various compartments including a top pocket which is used for storing items
9. PANS Military Waterproof Travel Backpack
If you desire to have a general daypack that can be used on various occasions, you should consider buying this bag. You can perfectly fit a laptop and several other items in it, as it has a main compartment capacity of 39 liters. Besides, the backpack is divided into different compartments for convenience when packing your items. There is also a water bottle mesh pocket on the side of the bag, plus a MOLLE system on the front for users who may want to add a pouch. The best thing about the backpack is that the main compartment capacity is expandable from 39 liters to 64 liters, with the help of a zipper.
- Huge, expandable capacity, which is enough for your laptop and several other items.
- There are four compartments and a side pouch for organized packing.
- A chest strap is included, to ensure that the backpack remains stable even when fully loaded.
- The bag is well crafted and can last long with normal use.
- No water bottle is included for the mesh pocket
- The backpack is not designed for heavy loading.
10. ZOMAKE Ultra Lightweight Water Resistant Backpack
Designed with a waterproofing material, this backpack is a perfect solution for anyone who wants their laptop to remain dry even if they have to brave a storm while riding or walking. It’s a lightweight bag that is suitable for daily use, whether by students, hikers, shoppers, etc. You get a 20L capacity, which is enough for your laptop and a few other items.
The bag is designed with tear-resistant, high-quality nylon material to ensure that your things stay safe at all times. It’s also easy to fold the bag for storage when you’re not using it. As such, you can fit the bag in your suitcase when traveling for use at your destination.
- The material used to make this bag is resilient.
- You can easily fold the backpack for storage.
- There is enough space for your laptop and several other items if you are traveling.
- The backpack is considerably lightweight and very practical.
- The shoulder straps are comfortable, making it easy to carry the bag around.
- The bag is rainproof, but only for light rain.
- It’s not the perfect backpack for the continuous carrying of heavy items.
Good to Know
Gone are the days when you would wrap your laptop with a polythene bag to protect it from the rain. Advanced waterproof laptop backpacks are now in the market to maximize laptop protection. The best waterproof backpack should prevent even the slightest drops of water from entering the bag. Some of the best water resistant laptop backpacks you can get in the market you should buy this year.
Anyone (from college students to photographers) can use waterproof backpacks to carry their laptop. They come in different designs and sizes. The price ranges of the bags vary depending on the features and the dimensions. These bags are also designed for different purposes. This review offers some of the choices you can have for the best waterproof laptop backpack for your travel photography.
Your laptop is remarkably invaluable to you, and for that reason, you want to ensure that it stays safe from spills and water. This is in consideration that electronic damages caused by a simple coffee spill or water from rain are, in most cases, irreversible, and can lead to a significant loss. The backpacks reviewed in this article can, however, come in handy if you wish to keep your laptop dry at all times.