If you’re looking for a way to share a display or projector with multiple HDMI enabled video sources, you need the best HDMI splitter or switch. As many of us photographers need an easy way to project our work on the multiple, big screens, I’ll list down selected best 4K HDMI splitters you should buy.
- A List of the Best 4K HDMI Splitters in 2018
- 1. J-Tech DIgital 4-Port 4K 4×1 HDMI Switch
- 2. VHD-Pluto HDMI Splitter
- 3. Takya HDMI Splitter
- 4. DotStone HDMI Switch
- 5. Fosmon HD8062 – Intelligent 5-Port HDMI Switch Splitter
- 6. Rocketfish 2-Output HDMI Splitter
- 7. eXuby 4K HDMI Splitter – 1 Input Device to 4 Displays
- 8. OREI HD-108 1×8 8 Ports HDMI Powered Splitter for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support
- 9. Atlona AT-UHD-EX-70-2PS 4K/UHD HDMI Over HDBaseT Tx/Rx Kit
- 10. KanexPro 4K HDMI 1 x 4 Splitter with HDCP2.2
- Good to Know
A List of the Best 4K HDMI Splitters in 2018
1. J-Tech DIgital 4-Port 4K 4×1 HDMI Switch
After testing with a number of digital media streaming devices like the Google Chromecast Ultra and Apple TV, the J-Tech Digital is one of my top picks. It does its jobs very well when I need to connect three game consoles to a single HDMI port.
- Auto-switching, CEC, power-on and power-off
2. VHD-Pluto HDMI Splitter
- Supports 4096 x [email protected] or 3820 x 2160 @30fps
- Also supports HDC
- Durable full metal jacket
3. Takya HDMI Splitter
- Supports up to 4K x 2K (3840 x 2160 – 30HZ), 1080P (1920 x 1080 60HZ) & 3D.
- Heavy-duty cool metal enclosure
4. DotStone HDMI Switch
- Can connect up to 4 HDMI source components to one HD Display
5. Fosmon HD8062 – Intelligent 5-Port HDMI Switch Splitter
I decided to include this Fosmon HD8062 in this review because of its price for its value. It has 5 additional HDMI ports and an infrared remote to switch between them. It works like a charm.
6. Rocketfish 2-Output HDMI Splitter
Without any setup required, you can add another HDMI port to your TV or PC with this Rocketfish HDMI splitter. Of course, you don’t have to sacrifice sound or picture quality. It works with the DISH HDR/4K signal.
7. eXuby 4K HDMI Splitter – 1 Input Device to 4 Displays
- Outputs signal from a single device onto 1 to 4 displays
- Cables reaching out to 65 feet
- No noticeable loss in picture quality
8. OREI HD-108 1×8 8 Ports HDMI Powered Splitter for Full HD 1080P & 3D Support
- Buffering and amplifying
- Plug -and-play
- No more than 30 Feet to get the optimal picture quality
9. Atlona AT-UHD-EX-70-2PS 4K/UHD HDMI Over HDBaseT Tx/Rx Kit
This HDMI splitter is not cheap. But you can expect the high quality from this premium product. Want to watch movies in 3D? With this HDBASET extenders, you do get what you pay for.
- 4K/UHD capability
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Multi-channel audio compliant
- Metal enclosures for easy rack mounting
10. KanexPro 4K HDMI 1 x 4 Splitter with HDCP2.2
Most people have encountered a variety of issues with their HDMI splitter. With this KanexPro, you’ll feel good about this its quality.
- 4K @ 60Hz UHD, 1080p & 3D resolutions
- True 4K HDMI video & audio signals to 4 HD 4K displays
Good to Know
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a proprietary audio/video interface for transferring uncompressed digital video and audio data from an HDMI-compliant source device, such as a display controller, to a compatible computer monitor, video projector, digital television, or digital audio device.
There are many HDMI splitters available. But what selected and listed in my review will help you get the best one that works correctly on your 4K TV and projector. The picks are based on several factors. A good HDMI splitter means to give us great quality for high resolution videos. Another reason is that it’s easy to use and durable.
These days, the HDMI splitter can support up to full HD, HDCP, 3D, and 4K multimedia content. This kind of switch is able to send the same high definition signal to multiple displays simultaneously, without having to worry about image or audio degradation.