What accessories do Nikon photographers need? Most Nikon photographers find camera accessories essential to have for their shooting purposes.
These accessories will ensure that you are able to take photos of the highest quality. And that is the main reason behind the need for a photographer to have these accessories: to improve the quality and creativity the photography.
The following are the top best accessories for most photographers find useful for their Nikon DSLR cameras.
A List of Top 11 Best Accessories for Nikon DSLR Cameras in 2019
1. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
Its SBH-100 fluid-like ball head rotates 360 degrees and has smooth locking knobs.
- 7.0kg load capacities
- Quick flip leg locks and rubber feet
- Magnesium die-cast canopy and anti-shock ring
2. Andoer Tripod Head
If you want photos to appear big, you need to use tripod heads like the ball head. The best tripod head allows photographers to hold the camera at right angles.
- Ideal to your camera up or down with the maintenance of the same horizon
- A three-way head is the best as it allows for a three-plane movement.
3. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Wide-Angle Prime Lens
This lens is ideal for environmental portraits. You can use it to capture your subject in focus and the surrounding area in view but less pronounced.
The Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR Wide-Angle Prime Lens is also the best for landscape astrophotography.
- Smooth and fast auto-focus
- Ultra-fast f/1.4 aperture
Please read my reviews for:
- Top Best Nikon DX Lenses
- Best Nikon Lenses for Wildlife Photography
- Best Nikon DX Lenses for DSLR Cameras
- The Best Nikon Lenses for Landscape Photography
4. Pixel TW-283/DC0 Wireless Shutter Release Timer Remote Control
This is because of the camera shakes as you trip the camera shutter. A remote shutter release helps the photographer to simply trip the shutter by just touching the camera.
- Supports simple single shooting, 1S continuous shooting, delay shooting and timer schedule shooting
5. A Nikon Lens Hood
A good lens hood can help prevent flare and not to darken the corners of your photos. It also protects your camera lens. This recommended lens hood is compatible with the Nikon 55-200mm f4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor zoom lens.
- Deflects oblique light angles
- Helps protect front of the lens scratches and dings while shooting
The delicacy of Nikon DSLR camera requires the owner to have the best use of it. Fitting the front part of the camera lenses with filters is important as they help to prevent scratches, cracks, and smudges.
The longer exposure of the neutral density filters to light makes them the most common ones when it comes to taking photos in broad daylights or in hazy clouds. Round or square filters?
To use square filters, one needs to use different adapter rings which are attached to the rings, while round filters, on the other hand, are simply screwed on the front of the camera lens.
7. Nikon SB-700 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight External Flash
Getting the right lighting when shooting photos? This wireless Nikon SB-700 AF Flash is best for most people. A pop-up flash helps taking photos under any conditions. Please also read my list of the top 10 best external flashes for DSLR cameras for more choices.
- Strobe mode and 3 illumination patterns
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL
8. Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras
Your camera also needs good maintenance in order to make it last for long. To clean your DSLR camera, most photographers use a cleaning kit that has swabs, soft lens cloth, sensor cleaning fluid and a decent stock. The lenses of your camera need proper care. A Lenspen & Mini Pro II will help you do the job.
- Compatible with APS-C sensors
- Safe for all electronics, coated lenses and sensors.
9. Flash Diffuser Light Softbox 6×5” by Altura Photo
To capture the finest details, it’s good to have a flash gun illumination. But the illumination may be so bright to an extent of making you go for flash diffusers for light regulation. The critical role of flash diffusers is that the photos only get natural lighting.
- Compatible with most shoe mount flash units
- Integrated Velcro strap
10. A Camera Bag
Most photographers travel a lot. With the best camera bag like Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35, you’ll feel good to have your cameras and gear altogether. During travel, you will encounter challenges like harsh weather conditions, uneven terrains and dusty roads. With a durable bag for your camera, you may end up losing some of your valuable items while others may get spoiled. Choose a camera bag that will easily accommodate all your camera enhancements such as the extra lenses and charging batteries.
11. Nikon DF-M1 Dot Sight
- For select Nikon cameras
The Best Accessories for Nikon D750 Camera
Are you looking for a way to expand your Nikon D750’s capability? The best, must-have accessories will help you achieve that. Nikon D750 is a full-frame DSLR with a built-in Wi-Fi module. I can say that after more than a month using the Nikon DSLR camera, I’m very impressed with the camera.
Previously I reviewed the best accessories for Nikon D850 camera. With Nikon’s arsenal of best lenses and third-party lens options and accessories, the D750 is one of Nikon’s best seller in the full-frame lineups.
To find out the must-have accessories, please read my list below.
12. SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I Card
- 128GB Storage Capacity
- Max Read Speed: 95 MB/s
- Max Write Speed: 90 MB/s
One of the must-have accessories for most DSLR cameras is an extra SD memory card. Buy a SanDisk Extreme Pro card, so that you won’t have to worry about having not enough storage for more shooting.
13. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- Three Aspherical and Two ED Elements
14. Vello LCD Screen Protector Ultra for Nikon Df, D4s, D7100, D7200, D500, D610, D750, D810 & D850 Camera
How about using an extra sheet of ultra-thin (0.02″) optical glass used to safeguard the LCD monitor of the Nikon? This shatter-proof glass is capable of blocking UV rays while allowing visible light in.
- Static Adhesion Leaves No Sticky Residue
- Ultra-Thin Optical Glass
- Multiple Layers of Protective Material
- Blocks UV Ray
15. Nikon MB-D16 Multi Battery Power Pack/Grip for D750
Made for the Nikon D750 DSLR, the MB-D16 Multi Battery Power Pack provides both enhanced handling capabilities as well as extended battery life while shooting.
- Holds 1x EN-EL15 or 6x AA Batteries
- Extended Grip for Vertical Composition
- Shutter Release Button for Vertical Use
Good to Know
Not enough with the accessories I listed above? Additional recommendations include:
Investing in the camera accessories is long term. The additional gear and photography tools will allow you to do a lot more with your Nikon D750. That’s one the ultimate reasons of having a DSLR camera.
You can add more accessories to suit your need. The list of the best accessories (some are must-have) is the way to start to expand your horizon. Enjoy doing more with your D750.
These are the best accessories that you should have for your Nikon DSLR camera. Just select the ones that will help you improve the work of your photography level.