Most Nikon photographers find camera accessories essential to have for various shooting purposes. These accessories will ensure that you are able to take photos of the highest quality. And that is the main reason behind the need for a photographer to have these accessories: to improve the quality and creativity the photography.
The following are the top 10 best accessories for most photographers find useful for their Nikon DSLR cameras.
- A List of Top 10 Best Accessories for Nikon DSLR Cameras in 2018
- 1. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
- 2. Andoer Tripod Head
- 3. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Wide-Angle Prime Lens
- 4. Pixel TW-283/DC0 Wireless Shutter Release Timer Remote Control for Nikon DSLR Digital Camera
- 5. A Nikon Lens Hood
- 6. Filters
- 7. Nikon SB-700 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight External Flash
- 8. Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras
- 9. Flash Diffuser Light Softbox 6×5” by Altura Photo
- 10. A Camera Bag
- Good to Know
A List of Top 10 Best Accessories for Nikon DSLR Cameras in 2018
1. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB 100 Aluminum Tripod Kit
The Vuanguard Alta Pro tripod has unmatched flexibility, stability and enabling more angle possibilities than ever before. Its SBH-100 fluid-like ball head rotates 360 degrees and has smooth locking knobs.
- 7.0kg load capacities
- Quick flip leg locks and rubber feet
- Magnesium die-cast canopy and anti-shock ring
2. Andoer Tripod Head
A tripod head is an essential accessory. It allows for a free camera movement. With a good tripod head, you can shoot comfortably. If you want photos to appear big, you need to use tripod heads like the ball head. The best tripod head allows photographers to hold the camera at right angles.
- Ideal to your camera up or down with the maintenance of the same horizon
- A three-way head is the best as it allows for a three-plane movement.
3. Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G ED Wide-Angle Prime Lens
With a Nikon DSLR camera, you can use any lens based on your photography needs. This lens is ideal for environmental portraits. You can use it to capture your subject in focus and the surrounding area in view but less pronounced. The Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR Wide-Angle Prime Lens is also the best for landscape astrophotography.
- Smooth and fast auto-focus
- Ultra-fast f/1.4 aperture
Please read my reviews for:
- The Best 1 NIKKOR Lenses for Nikon 1 Cameras
- Best Nikon Lenses for Wildlife Photography
- Best Nikon DX Lenses for DSLR Cameras
- The Best Nikon Lenses for Landscape Photography
4. Pixel TW-283/DC0 Wireless Shutter Release Timer Remote Control for Nikon DSLR Digital Camera
As a photographer, you may realize that you are often unable to capture perfect and clear moments and photos. This is because of the camera shakes as you trip the camera shutter. A remote shutter release helps the photographer to simply trip the shutter by just touching the camera.
- Supports simple single shooting, 1S continuous shooting, delay shooting and timer schedule shooting
5. A Nikon Lens Hood
A good lens hood can help prevent flare and not to darken the corners of your photos. It also protects your camera lens. This recommended lens hood is compatible with the Nikon 55-200mm f4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor zoom lens.
- Deflects oblique light angles
- Helps protect front of the lens scratches and dings while shooting
The delicacy of Nikon DSLR camera requires the owner to have the best use of it. Fitting the front part of the camera lenses with filters is important as they help to prevent scratches, cracks, and smudges. The longer exposure of the neutral density filters to light makes them the most common ones when it comes to taking photos in broad daylights or in hazy clouds. Round or square filters?
To use square filters, one needs to use different adapter rings which are attached to the rings, while round filters, on the other hand, are simply screwed on the front of the camera lens.
7. Nikon SB-700 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight External Flash
Getting the right lighting when shooting photos? This wireless Nikon SB-700 AF Flash is best for most people. A pop-up flash helps taking photos under any conditions. Please also read my list of the top 10 best external flashes for DSLR cameras for more choices.
- Strobe mode and 3 illumination patterns
- Compatible with Nikon i-TTL
8. Altura Photo Professional Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras
Your camera also needs good maintenance in order to make it last for long. To clean your DSLR camera, most photographers use a cleaning kit that has swabs, soft lens cloth, sensor cleaning fluid and a decent stock. The lenses of your camera need proper care. A Lenspen & Mini Pro II will help you do the job.
- Compatible with APS-C sensors
- Safe for all electronics, coated lenses and sensors.
9. Flash Diffuser Light Softbox 6×5” by Altura Photo
To capture the finest details, it’s good to have a flash gun illumination. But the illumination may be so bright to an extent of making you go for flash diffusers for light regulation. The critical role of flash diffusers is that the photos only get natural lighting.
- Compatible with most shoe mount flash units
- Integrated Velcro strap
10. A Camera Bag
Most photographers travel a lot. With the best camera bag like Manfrotto MB PL-3N1-35, you’ll feel good to have your cameras and gear altogether. During travel, you will encounter challenges like harsh weather conditions, uneven terrains and dusty roads. With a durable bag for your camera, you may end up losing some of your valuable items while others may get spoiled. Choose a camera bag that will easily accommodate all your camera enhancements such as the extra lenses and charging batteries.
Good to Know
These are the best accessories that you should have for your Nikon DSLR camera. Just select the ones that will help you improve the work of your photography level.