While Sony has plenty of e-mount lenses, it can be hard to choose the right one. Often times it’s just a matter of what you want to take great photographs.
The additional e-mount lens will allow you to get the best out of your Sony camera. This can be too difficult for most beginner photographers to figure out on their own.
Luckily, I compiled what I consider to be the top-rated in the photography community. This is my list of the best Sony e-mount lenses you can buy this year.
A List of Top 10 Best Sony E-mount Lenses for Videographers in 2019
1. Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS
That may sound strange, but it’s true. It’s lack of zoom forces people to really get close to get composed shots. It can really help new photographer build the skills they need to improve. Its wide aperture allows for better pictures in poor lighting.
With its fast shutter, it avoids blurs effortlessly. This is one of the best Sony lenses a beginner can get. If you’re just getting into photography, this is the lens for you.
2. Sony FE 50mm f/1,8
While it isn’t as good as Sony’s more expensive e-mount lenses, it is one of the best you can get on a budget or if you just want a decent lens.
It’s a well-rounded lens. This may be the kind of lens you’d want to buy if you weren’t interested in professional photography.
3. Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS
The image quality is great, and its focal length and aperture make this one of the best lenses you can get for portraits.
It’s also much lighter than a lot of lenses this good.
4. Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GMi
It also has internal seals which protect it from moisture.
One problem with it is its weight. Most people would want a lighter lens than this.
Luckily those are the two biggest problems with it. Overall it is a very good lens.
5. Sony FE 16-25mm f/2.8 GM
While it is hard to beat this e-mount lens, you will want another lens for taking close-ups of people.
This lens can make some facial features in the foreground appear quite large. The Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM or the Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS would be better for people and animals.
The lens, however, is good for far shots of people. Aside from that, there isn’t much to complain about.
The overall image quality for this lens is stunning. Its speed only adds to its appeal. All of this makes it one of the best lens available today.
6. Sony 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS APS-C E-mount Zoom Lens
For those who love doing street photography and video shooting, you should buy this Sony 18-135mm e-mount zoom lens. Will never regret.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
- Outstanding sharpness, crystal clear
7. VILTROX 20mm f1.8 Wide-Angle Fixed/Prime Lens for Sony E-Mount
- Shallow depth and smooth focus
- Full metal body structure
8. Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 Lens for Sony E-Mount Cameras
- Stable video capture and low light performance
9. Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM (G Master) E-Mount NEX Camera Lens
- Smooth, responsive AF possible with minimum noise
- Perfect for video capture
10. Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Alpha E-Mount Retractable Zoom Lens
- Smooth zooming with superb operability and quietness
Good to Know
Designed by Sony for their New E-mount eXperience (NEX), the E-mount supplements Sony’s A-mount. This allows the company to manufacture more compact imaging devices while maintaining compatibility with 35mm sensors. The results?
- Minimizing mechanical complexity
- Shortening the flange focal distance to 18 mm
- Reducing the radius of the flange
The Standard E-mount series is ideal for the APS-C and Super-35mm image format. The list above will help you buy the best Sony e-mount lenses this year.