Top Best Light Meters for Landscape Photography in 2019
Professional photographers are always anxious about exposure. The risk of getting underexposed and overexposed photos is what the work challenging. The answer to this is getting an incident light meter.
To help you in the buying decision, I created a list of the best incident light meters for landscape and cinematopgraphy this year.
A List of Top Best Light Meters for Landscape Photography in 2019
1. Sekonic L-308S-U Flashmate Light Meter
The readings are precise from third-to-half-stop augmentations complying with the exposure settings of DSLR and digital cameras available today.
Data are displayed in an easily readable format and icons are large enough to be seen in low lighting situations.
• Runs on a double A battery
• Can perform dual functions of reading flash exposure in either incident or reflective modes.
• The LCD screen displays accurate measurements
• The device is a little complicated to use for a newbie.
2. Dr. Meter DM-LX1330B
It has a wide range of operating temperature to have optimum performance even in the worst conditions. With the wide range of exposure measurement, it can be used by scenic photographers.
- Rapid response
- With over-range indicator
- Can be set to a low power consumption
3. Extech LT300
There is also a remote light sensor to ensure superior accuracy. There is an analog bar graph to compare the measurements on the spot.
- Compact and rugged
- long-range reading up to 400,000 lux
- It automatically shuts down when not in use.
4. Cooligg Docooler HS1010
This small instrument is easy to carry and powered by two triple-A batteries that can be purchased separately. It is equipped to deliver provide accurate measurement on a broad measuring range. It also provides both minimum and maximum measurement to adjust the light as needed.
- Easy to use
- Automatic measuring level selection
- Two units of measure to select from
- The button is exposed and prone to automatic power on
5. Extech LT40
It can also measure white LED lighting. It has easy to read display with overload indicator and auto power off function.
- Can measure extreme environmental light levels
- Can also measure not only LED lights
- With automatic power off and overload indicator
- No back-lit on the LCD screen
Good to Know
With the best incident light meters, you can measure light accurately more the built-in camera meters. They can distinguish light in extreme contrast, back-lighting, in a snow or flash that usually result in a poor exposure.
However, with the right equipment and a little knowledge, pictures can come out great and exposure is no longer a mystery.
When choosing the best incident light meter, it is the same as what you would do when buying a camera. It is based on the features you want.
After all, the best incident light meters are the ones that can accurately measure the amount of light falling onto the subject.
Choose the best incident light meter is the one that has answers to your need.