Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark I & II are the best Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. These are also the best 4K cinema camera for filmmakers. What you really need most is the best accessories to enhance your photography. To add additional accessories to your bag, here’s the list of the best gear for you. To help most photographers get the best Olympus camera accessories and gears, I conducted a comprehensive research and thorough tests. By adding some new accessories, you’ll have a complete set for your photography productivity. Essentially, this is a list of recommended camera accessories and accessories for OM-D E-M1 Mark I & II for beginners and travel photographers.
A List of Top 10 Best Olympus ODM Accessories & Gears for Beginners in 2019
1. SanDisk Extreme PRO Card
It’s ideal for professional photographers and videographers recording extreme sports and other fast-action activities without dropping frames. You can choose the available capacity starting from 32 GB to 128 GB. This SanDisk is the best and fastest SD card I highly recommend. Most photographers trust this for its reliability and durability.
- High read and write speeds
- Cinema quality 4K video capture
- Designed to withstand extreme environments
2. Olympus BLH-1 Lithium-Ion Battery
- Chemistry: Lithium-ion
- Capacity: 1720 mAh
- Output Voltage: 7.4 V
ALSO RECOMMENDED: BLN-1 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- 1220.00 mAh
3. Olympus – HLD-9 Power Battery Grip
If you’re looking for a comfortable grip along with extended battery life, this HLD-9 Power Battery Grip is the best choice for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II mirrorless camera. This grip does what its supposed to do. It extends the number of shots by allowing one additional battery to be stored in the grip.
- Compatible with 1 BLH-1 battery
- Dust, splash, and freezeproof
4. Manfrotto Befree Advanced Carbon Fiber Travel Tripod with 494 Center Ball Head
This Manfrotto is without doubt one of the top rated travel tripod for hiking and outdoor photographers. The carbon fiber legs make it light yet strong and sturdy. If you’re looking for a travel tripod for your mirrorless camera, the Manfrotto Carbon Fiber is the best choice. Highly recommended.
- Light, strong and sturdy
- Ergonomic controls
- Superior performance with maximum lightness
- Center Ball Head with three independent ergonomic controls
- Side pull selector ensures quick setup with both hands
5. Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO Interchangeable Lens
Compatible with Olympus and Panasonic MFT cameras, the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO is one of the best all-purpose lenses for photographers and beginners. It produces sharp photographs than expected.
- Drip proof; dustproof, splash proof, and freeze proof build
- Micro Four Thirds System
- 24-80mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
6. Olympus – FL-900R Electronic Flash
- Dust and splash proof design
- Advanced wireless controls
ALSO RECOMMENDED: Olympus FC-WR Wireless Radiowave Flash Commander
- up to 30 meters
- Dust, splash and freeze proof design
- Compatible with OM-D E-M1X, E-M1 Mark II, E-M1, E-M5 Mark II & PEN-F cameras & for-wr flash receiver
Also: Godox TT685O Thinklite TTL Flash for Olympus PEN-F
- Coverage: 14 – 200 mm (Full Frame)
- Zoom Head: Full Frame: 20 – 200 mm
7. SanDisk ImageMate USB 3.0 Card Reader
- Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, miniSD, microSD, microSDHC and microSDXC.
- This USB 3.0 interface offers the data transfer rates up to 500 Mbps.
8. Steadicam Merlin 2 Camera Stabilizing System
- Capture smooth shots on the go
- Folding design
- Ergonomic 3-Axis gimbal handle
9. Olympus Zuiko EC-20 2x Teleconverter for Olympus Digital SLR Camera
- Dust- and drip-proof housing
- Cost-effective solution to demands of telescoping shooting
10. Olympus Backpack Mirrorless System Backpack CBG-12
Functionally, this Olympus designed backpack has room for up to 2 E-M1 Mark II cameras with HLD-9 grips attached plus one 300mm f4.0 PRO lens and accessories. Plenty of room and well designed, I highly recommend this backpack for most travel photographers.
- Material: polyester
- Comes with 2 rain covers
Good to Know
Although not the camera market leader, Olympus has a number of the top best digital cameras for professional photographers. For example, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II is a major upgrade (25% more pixels) from the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark I. The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II is small in size, big in performance. My list will help you build up your gears and kits for your camera. Also, the Olympus PEN-F is one of the best mirrorless micro four thirds digital cameras for most travel photographers. It’s small, compact, yet powerful.
While some people have complained about the price, this camera comes with amazing features and takes extremely high quality photos. This list of the best accessories and gears for Olympus cameras will help you to improve your photography in my ways. All in all, these recommended camera accessories are essential for most photographers. You can even give them to your friend as a gift.